I love my Power tank. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2002, 10:54 AM
ArkyCrawler

I love my Power tank.

I had a little mishap on the interstate a few weeks back, it could have been a bad one but Iíll live. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I call the wife from the hospital to tell her Iíll be a little late and she seemed a little upset but handled it well. I found out 3 days later at my 39th birthday party that after I called, she ordered a Power Tank for me. All of a sudden she had a huge guilt trip for the way she has treated my little obsession with the jeep [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].

I love this thing. I had no idea what I was missing. Repairs take very little time now, with air wrenches tires come off in seconds. I bet it didnít take but a few minutes to change a front axle yesterday, in the middle of no where. I really love this thing!!!

I need to have a few more accidents, there are a few more tools I need! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2002, 11:38 PM
Tim
Keyboard Implanted

Re: I love my Power tank.

Which one did you get?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 09:31 AM
cj80carr

I like mine too. I made one up and got to try it out a couple weeks ago.I was mounting up some tires for my brotherinlaw.His compressor couldn't get the beads to set at 90psi so we got the co2 tank out and cranked it up to 120psi and popped them right into place.Have not tried yet on the trail it will be nice to air up and not have to look for a gas station.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 10:11 AM
ArkyCrawler

She got the 10lb tank, it cost $13 to fill. So far I have removed all 4 tires, used it to remove and install a front axle shaft, air up 16 swammpers, 38's from 8lbs to 20lbs and it still has about 5lbs left in the tank.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

We have only been married 16 1/2 years, I just might keep this one!

Steve
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 10:25 AM
sas87yj

on the trail, they are the HOT SET-UP. airing up is quick and easy. i wheel with guys that have those whimpy compressors and they just suck-up on mine. i can air up one tire in about 60 seconds depending on the size/starting and ending pressure. just take care of it. i don't keep my reg on it when not in use- too much dust in the desert. also remember to release the pressure on the spring on the reg.

10lb tank costs me $5.38 to fill at a soda pop bottling joint.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Tim
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about the PT-10 and wondered if it lasted long enough between fillups.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 02:58 PM
sas87yj

well, i didn't say they were CHEAP [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i paid $320 for the 10lb tank/regulator and another $50 for the bracket which i mounted to the floor of the tub behind drivers seat.

my regulator crapped out after a few months of use and i got a replacement from steve at advanced air, no charge. just about a month ago that reg bit the big one too. steve sent me an up-graded reg with duel inlet filters. when it works, it is awesome and when it don't it's a POS! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode