koller dodge - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 12:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

koller dodge

I'm curious if anyone has had any experience dealing with Koller Dodge. I read the great article about the 4.2L conversion and I ordered an MPI kit for my 87 back in May, the $2,000 bill showed up on my credit card and I got no parts and they don't answer any of my inquiries. Have I been ripped or is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 05:03 AM
tys

Re: koller dodge

reputable places won't charge you for something that has shipped. i have no experience with koller dodge, but have a friend who does and he's had no problems ordering parts from them. i would continue to attempt calling them, try different numbers, different people (service desk, parts, store manager, etc).

good luck.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 07:26 AM
Journeyman

Call your credit card company and have them fight for you. You can refuse to pay them until you get the items and they should persue the thieving scum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 05:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I second that!!! But try as much as you can to figure it out with Koller Dodge first, then go after them with your big guns.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 11:28 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Many dealers will expect full payment prior to placing orders for non stocking items. This is due to a few deadbeats who ruin it for everyone else by ordering stuff and never purchasing it afterwards. The dealer than has to absorb the shipping(both ways) and the restocking fee. I do think on an item of that cost you should deserve an answer on the order status whenever you want.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 12:52 AM

I live about 3 miles from them, pass them every day on the way to & from work, and bought my Durango from them last year. Definitely not a 'fly-by-night' place. I've never had a problem with them not answering the phone.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 11:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I called them about a year ago to order the MPI kit. They were backordered for a month or so. It seems to me, if I ran an ad monthly in every jeep magazine for the MPI kit (like they do), I would keep plenty instock. I called Quadtratec, they met Koller Dodge's price, and it was to my door in a week. Anyway, I'm sure they will make it right for you, just might take some time.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

follow-up re koller dodge

Thanks for all the responses to my post, I haven't been able to get anyone at Koller Dodge to either respond to my e-mails or return my phone calls. What a shame, I needed the MPI conversion to pass smog and I have to have it done by the 15th of this month which is why I started in May. They have my money and won't even give me the courtesy of a return e-mail. I don't know about everyone else, but two grand is a lot of money to me, especially to be throwing away, guess I'll be riding the bus next week.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 12:50 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: follow-up re koller dodge

Don't let them know I tipped you off....

Call and instead of asking for the parts department, ask for the general manager. After listening to your story, he will find out what's going on for you. If he's not there-ask for the owner. Chances are you won't ever get to talk to him, but I guarantee you will get someone who can get the ball rolling.

If all else fails, I can get you a toll free # for Chrysler's customer service line. If they're a 5-Star dealer, they are required to respond immediately to any customer concerns.

Good luck.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 03:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: follow-up re koller dodge

Gettin management involved will definitely get somebody responding. If all else fails see if Jeepskate can stop by for you and light a fire under someones backside in their parts department.

JMaN
90YJ Stock for now but It's still a JEEP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode