Fiberglass flat fenders - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Fiberglass flat fenders

Has anyone ever seen these? I found them while checking out thinkjeep.com. I wish they had a better picture that showed them on a Jeep. Too much money IMO, but would be nice if you need to replace your fenders.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.thinkoffroad.com/thinkshop2/asp/product.asp?product=1124>http://www.thinkoffroad.com/thinkshop2/asp/product.asp?product=1124</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 06:01 AM

Re: Fiberglass flat fenders

I've thought about going fiberglass...but with a full flip front end. My father damn near bought me one as a present when I mentioned it...he helps with a lot of my Jeep work, and wanted to drop one on my CJ so he wouldn't have to lean over the fenders.....He's a heavy equipment mechanic, and works on lots of Kenworths and Peterbilts, so that may have something to do with it!

Only thing, is how would you mount a winch with a flip nose?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 06:20 AM
sas87yj

anything fiberglass on a jeep seems silly- i mean the kind of terrain i wheel in would eat that stuff for breakfast. STEEL for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 07:47 AM

I wish they had some better shots of those, they look pretty decent. Sas, some of us live in areas where they use alot of salt on the roads in the winter, and have climates that promote rust as well.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 09:40 AM

When I first saw em I laughed. I asked myself who in their right mind would buy those when you can cut yours up for nothing? I guess there are some retards in the world. They do look quite nice though. But like Sas the wouldn't last me too long.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I have to disagree.. I ran fiberglass fenders for a long time on my cj, and it was a trail only rig.. they bent when rocks hit them, and the only time I ever got a crack was when I rolled it.... even then I just fiberglassed them back together, sandd them down and they looked like new. I sold the rolled body for $1000 after I rolled it because it still looked that good.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 11:22 AM

Thats true, I just wonder how they would hold up banging against trees all day. The trails around here are real tight, then again i do have some stuff to protect the body, just not the fenders. But you do make a good point chris.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Pooh-Bah

I went out with my glass tub and fenders on a tree rubbing trail all day w/o a problem, they kind of flex and move, the steel tubs/fenders on two Cj5's with us came back dented from the same trees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode