new intake manifold - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 12:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

new intake manifold

Does anyone have any advice as to where I can find an upgrade intake manifold that I can swap onto a 1979 CJ7 with a 304? The big problem, or so it seems, is that I live in california and I cant seem to find a "smogable" swap manifold. It seems that california would be much happier if I just pushed me jeep from place to place without ever starting the beast up. Edelbrock doesn't seem to make one, or so the catalogs say.
any help?
Thanks in advance,
sean

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-03-1999, 08:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: new intake manifold

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] We just took off a like-new non EGR Edlebrock and a Holly 4BBl that the previous owners had installed NOT THINKING that they would ever come out here to homoland and have to have it smogged. The CJ sat in their garage under a pile of boxes and old clothes for four years till they gave up and sold it to us. We have had MAJOR work restoring all the stuff. My advice is to not dink with it unless you can afford to go with a smog-legal fuel injection. In this case, it's either chicken.....or feathers...you pays your money or you uses what you got now. Better line up many doggies to work on.... Fuel Injection costum many skins.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 01:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you know who makes a California smog legal fuel injection system for the 304?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 04:41 AM
Way Outta Control

Post deleted by LEVE

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 08:11 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Larry, he is looking for a setup for a 304 Vee Ate. Is the Howell a V8 setup as well? Is there an after market smog legal for them guys as well? I'm not going to convert to Fuel Injection till I am a lot closer to Wisconsin so I can get your help. Save some time for me in the fall of 2002. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 08:26 AM
Way Outta Control

Yeah, you are probably right... I don't think Howell has applied for CARB smogging on the 304...and of couse the MOPAR kit does not cover a V8. Geeze, I gotta start reading these posts better...thanks...

Good Jeepin'

Larry
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 08:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Hi Larry! Yeah, cjsean is a veterinarian who lives in Sierra Madre and has a CJ EXACTLY like ours. V8, Quadra-Trac, and now a zillion upgrades as a result of his frame-off restro. As I mentioned, we are little by little getting the smog stuff collected. I got some air manifolds and welded the little pipes back on to the donuts (like this was thee welding challenge of the year) and have the legal intake and carb now, complete with air cleaner. From what I gather, it took a lot of shots for poochie and kitty to get cjsean's Jeep to where it is right now. I have to e-mail you on another matter...will do it this AM. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

CJDave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode