fender trimmin/35's pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 11:16 AM
sas87yj

fender trimmin/35\'s pics

took most of the day. took flares off-sawzall'ed the little 1/4" bolts. did some eyeballing of what i thought the room i needed to clear the 35's including full stuff. used a cutting disc on my dewalt angle grinder which really does cut well. then dressed up the cuts with the grinder and flat file. still need to get it out on the trail to see if i cut enough. if i have enough cut, i will do some more finishing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 11:32 PM

Re: fender trimmin/35\'s pics

looks right to me. Nice job.

TJ
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

You gonna run some fender flares to keep the wee 'lil piggies happy?[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Although I have to say I like Jeeps without fender flares. Are ya gonna flat fender the front? Also, what'd ya do about the rear of the front wheelwell? Cause when I trimmed, I split the weld and now have two pieces of metal flopping around[sad] Looking good!!! Keep it square!!

BTW - Looks like ya need to update your profile. Still says you got 32's on there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 06:16 AM
sas87yj

hadn't planned on any flares- not much rain/mud in az and that's the way i like it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] the double thickness of fender/tub in the front is small potatoes- doesn't flap on mine. like i said, if i have enough cut for full stuff, then i will refine the job. i only cut a small amount of each well- a little of both sides of the rear well and only the rear of the front well. you can still see the line where the flares were and still some of the little flare mount holes. i might flat-fender the front but i saved the amber running lights for now. once you start hackin, there's no end to the possibilities [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode