TeamRush, dunno if you've seen this site...... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

TeamRush, dunno if you\'ve seen this site......

but he does give you your credit for the mod.

it lists all the parts that you've posted, even gives pics and specs and some what to watch out for tips.

http://www.jeepz.com/modules.php?op=...ile=engine_tfi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:07 PM

Re: TeamRush, dunno if you\'ve seen this site......

He also gives reference to my web site, but the real question is...
Who cares?
This upgrade is all over the web with countless pages dedicated to this upgrade and TR knows it.

So my other question is, what is your point with this post???
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

hey......lotta ppl will do a web spread on something and not give credit to the guy or the source that started it. i do think its respectful that the guy publicly gave credit where credit is due. and also, it does lay out the steps with part numbers from all the different manufacturers along with pictures as a reference. most parts places wont sell ya parts that arent for the vehicle you own. if you go in with just a part number, they dont put up much of a fight or interrogate you over the crossing of parts between vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:55 PM

I guess I was trying to ask, are you praising that site or knocking it? Your post confuses me.
Most TFI upgrade sites also have part numbers, instructions, etc..
There are even guys that have packaged a TFI upgrade kit and are selling it for profit with no acknowledgement to TR at all.
He made it public property by posting it so what happens after that is up to the people.
I gave credit to him on my site and so did many others.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

i wasnt actively looking for it, and just stumbled across it.

hey, if its on his website and he has the original copyright to the instructions, he could, if he wanted to, push the issue and get it pulled or make some profit from it. ive seen many ppl take credit for something someone else has done, and i find it refreshing to see there are still a few guys in the world that arent afraid to fess up and say i didnt come up with it
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 09:05 PM

You are right, give credit where credit is due I say!!
I am sure that TR didn't copyright anything and it's too late now i'm sure.
In my experience, there will allway be those that steal other people's ideas and turn a profit. Sometimes I wonder, are they doing wrong or just smart?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 10:07 PM
Gibby

Teamrush can't copyright this mod because he did not invent it. What he did is (I believe) figured out and made available the jeep version of this upgrade. The good news is that he does not seem interested in copyrighting it or keeping it a secret. Gibby
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 10:04 PM

damn, sounds like you 2 should be married...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Way Outta Control

Check back in Hot Rod Magazine many years ago, I think late 70's or early 80's, long before TR.
They first published several articles telling how to use the larger cap on a Ford system. Then when TFI came out they published another "How to" to convert it over to TFI to get a much better spark.

So give credit where credit's really due.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

1)if i wanted to read about hotrods, i wouldnt have bought a jeep.

2)as you can see, i havent been on the forum too long, but that doesnt mean i havent been around jeeps for a while.

c)in the 13 years that ive been actively interested and participating in jeep activites, i havent seen this mod published anywhere, EXCEPT here. i will say that i had no idea how old it was or how long its been used on jeeps. let alone been around in existance. ive read thru alot of the major jeep sites that arent poser or yuppie dedicated. the 2 best 'real guy' sites are off-road.com and dirtroad.com i have read every article ever writtin in jp magazine, every article pertinant to jeeps in every off road magazine in print now and in the last 15 years. if it was in hotrod magazine, gee, no wonder i didnt know about it. as far as offroading goes, ive been thru tellico, blairesville and other north ga trails, and rogers ky. im not 'new' to this sport. and like ive said in another post, NOBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING. i will be ther first one to admit i was wrong or didnt know the answer to a question. i will also chime in and give my opinion or solution to a problem i have had been involved with before, or give a suggestion when someone asks for any ideas. i did that with the guy who posted a question about keeping water from getting to a weber carb.

a few years ago, someone told my brother that the dealerships are under legal obligation from some kind of act from congress, to repair any damages to the vehicle (drivetrain) that suffers damage from a mod like a lift. what everyone fails to understand is that the dealership is the determining factor in whether it gets done under warranty or not. sure, you can cite the act and rant about how much it has to be done, like he did....but, who do you think is gonna win that argument? the dealer. the dealer has your jeep, the dealer has a better lawyer, the dealer has more financial resources. in the end, the dealer is gonna bleed a considerable amount of money and time out of you. all because someone says this act protects you from having to pay for the repairs. sure, the dealer may cave in and finally say, ok, you win. but at what cost to you?

the SINGLE BEST WAY to be able to get repairs done like a waterlogged tranny done under warranty is to find a dealer mechanic that also goes four wheeling, and make friends with him, and join his club. that same mechanic is your best source of info and spare parts, especially the hardest to find parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode