NEED HELP FINDING A PART FOR MY 81' CJ-5 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

NEED HELP FINDING A PART FOR MY 81\' CJ-5

HEY EVERYONE I HAD A LITTLE PROBLEM WHEN WITH MY CJ-5. MY MOTOR MOUNT GOT LOOSE AND THE ADDON POWER STEERING PUMP WHEEL LANDED ON THE PLUG THAT CONNECTS TO THE FFB CONTROL BOX. I HAVE BEEN CALLING ALL AROUND CA. AND 4 CALLS OUT OF STATE AND THE ONLY THINGS I FOUND OUT WERE THAT THE BOX IS A MICRO PROCCESSOR ONLY PUT ON THE 81' CJ 5s FROM CALIFORNIA. THE BOX BOLTS UNDER THE HOOD ON THE FENDER WELL ON THE DRIVERS SIDE AND NO ONE STOCKS THE PLUG. I TALKED TO JEEP, AND FORD (THE PLUG IS FROM FORD THIS IS ON THE PLUG E1AB-14A459-AD) AND THE BOX IS AMC WITH THESE #S 3238590 ALL I NEED IS THE PLUG. ALSO I COULD NOT FIND IT IN THE REPAIR MANUAL FROM HAYNES. I CHECKED ALL OF THE SALVAGE YARDS AROUND TOWN AND NO ONE HAS ANY CJs. IF SOMEONE FROM CA. KNOWS WHERE THERE MIGHT BE A SALVAGE YARD THAT HAS ANY CJ-5 FROM 81 AND COULD SEND ME THE PHONE NUMBER
I WOULD BE IN YOUR DEPT.
EDIT
THE ENGINE IS AN I6 4.2L

THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME,
ADAM W.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 09:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: NEED HELP FINDING A PART FOR MY 81\' CJ-5

What is a FFB box? Are you talking about the Ignition Control Module? Is it a 4 or 6 cylinder? The 6 cylinder uses a Motorcraft SSI that is very common on Fords. I have four of these boxes myself, cost me $5 each. Let me know if this is what your looking for and I'll give you more info.

<font color=red>jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250
</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 09:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

WHAT THE BOX IS I AM NOT REAL SURE BUT WHAT I WAS TOLD IS THAT IT IS A MICRO PROCESSOR FOR SOMETHING TO DO WITH SMOG LAWS IN CA. AND IT WAS ONLY PUT ON THE CJ-5 IN 1981 NO OTHER YEAR. THANKS FOR THE EMAIL AND IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANY SALVAGE YARDS THAT HAVE THE 81 CJ 5 PLEASE GIVE ME THEIR NUMBER TAKE IT EASY.
ADAM W.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 12:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

try Scotty's Jeep, Truck & 4 x 4 Dismantling and repair in Fontana, CA. (909) 829 - 2913. I havent been able to stump them yet and the deals are great. I got a 1983 CJ7 body tub w/ windshield (complete) dash and gauges (complete) and heater unit plus not a single scratch or dent on a cherry paint job for $1100 delivered 50 miles away. Oh yeah, the wiring harness was included.
all the best and happy hunting
sean

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just the plug? Why don't you splice out the plug and hard wire it. That or wire in your own plug. For a four wire, trailer plugs
pretty nice and they are kind of wheather proof.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Terry L. Howe http://www.off-road.com/~txh3202
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode