cjdaves bank therory on wheeling - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

cjdaves bank therory on wheeling

cjdave likes to post about how sometimes you make deposits into the bank (help folks out) and sometimes you make withdrawls (get helped).
I have been making a lot of withdrawls and my credit must be good because I feel like I'm way in debt to the great wheeling bank.
last weekend I welded on 3 different rigs, gave away my spare serpantine belt, donated a u-joint, and lent out lotsa tools. I got all the tools back. the guy that I had to weld his u-joints in; laying in copperhead infested rocks; still owes me a case of beer, but the others I refused payment from... not only do I like to help, but I really feel as though I owe it to people that need help.. not something dumb like an exhaust hanger, but things that would have kept guys from getting home.
a few more trips like that and in 10 years I might be even with the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 06:29 PM

Re: cjdaves bank therory on wheeling

Way to go Chris. Thats the way I am too. I may be kinda off the wall on here but I can't leave someone in the woods.
Cheers to you![img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 06:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't even think about it anymore. Someone needs help, I help, I need help, I hope someone will be good enough to pitch in. The only time I'm reluctant to lend a hand is if someone has done something very, very stupid AND then has the nerve to expect people to feel sorry and lend a hand. Maybe that's a little harsh, but it kinda goes against the grain to help some 16 year old that rolled daddys stock TJ on Intimidator [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img], if no one is hurt, that is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 07:11 PM
sas87yj

elusive, dog and creeper
all big round heads, looking for a pat on the back
knowing that the big square machines will be there for them without gratitude [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 07:13 PM

You got it all wrong Steve........................we were helping the "nerd" jeeps.[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
It's the right thing to do.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Dirt Dog, you are not "Off the wall", you are a Jeeper, and our very nature won't ALLOW us to leave someone in the woods. I look forward to the day I can help someone out on the trail or the street.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Spike5421

I am proud to be a member of this BBS because of the giving people that are members. Recently JimLou helped me out about a month ago with a busted axle seal that I could not fix because I did not bring all my tools with me to college. (Thanks again Jim) I always try to stop to help a fellow wheeler when they are in need. I even helped a "16 year old with daddys TJ" who got himself stuck on the day after Thanksgiving in a hole that claims 35" tires. Jeeping is a way of life, we are like the Boy Scouts of the automotive world.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Just getting tools back, is Jeep-Carma. A jeep with it's hood up, or passangers out are better than a flare or a wave for me, foot comes off the accelerator and I either find the next exit to turn around, or a (relative) flat place on the trail.

Play it forward [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 10:51 PM
Way Outta Control

It's almost to the point of being funny. A few days ago my girlfriend needed a bush. I turned off the trail to a fairly secluded spot, we got out. Next thing we knew another Jeep pulled up and asked if we needed help - because we were stopped!
After they left she was "busy" when another one pulled up from the other direction and asked the same thing. She said "Can't they give a girl a break? I don't need help with that!"

It's all the comradery (sp?) thing. Somehow it bonds folks together that ordinarily wouldn't bother to know each other.

A neat feeling.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 11:31 PM
Addict

It's because of people that were to caught up in there own fun that I left my old club and joined 4X4's Forever! The old clubs idea of helping a fellow new Club Member out was to stop the ride for 10 minutes and then tell that person "OK if you get it fixed we will be on channel ##. Good luck later!" The first time I seen them do that I thought wow sucks to be him and I followed the pack. I kept the CB on but after 2hrs of nothing I couldn't take it and I went back to see what was going on. Needles to say the guy was not very happy about the situation, and I got an ear full. After he settled down I explained that this was my first wheeling trip and could not believe they had left him either! I towed him back to camp and as we pulled in another group of wheelers came up and asked what was broke. We let them know that we had no Idea. It just wouldn't start! (No Spark nothing just dead) Well a couple of these people popped the hood and the next thing we know there pulling the starter and someone is getting there spare! I couldn't believe it! These people we had never met were working on this guys Jeep like they were old friends! After it was started and running he asked what he owed them and there comment was "Well if you ever see any of us broke down stop. You just might have what we need!" They later asked us if we wonted to wheel with them the next morning. We did and we have both been members of that club since! I have now after 12 years gained in knowledge and my tool kit is now huge, along with my spare parts kit. I have helped out many many people both on the trail and on the street! Because I know that if it were not for that group of strangers that helped us out on that first trip I might not be wheeling today. Also remember that 16 year old kid that just rolled dad stock 2003 Rubicon TJ learned from watching TV, a MAGAZINE or an IDIOT, but there is hope for him yet if he survives DAD that is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode