YJ: TBI swap questions.
I got an e-mail directed to me through my clubs website because I had a similar Jeep to the one in question. I don't however have an injection swap so I can't help the guy out. I'm posting his e-mail in hopes for some feedback for the guy.
"A little background on my sons jeep. It is an 89 sahara with the automatic. We rebuilt the motor and while doing that put on a 4.0 head from a 93 cherokee. It has borla headers and a jacobs ignition. The fuel injection kit is a TBI from Turbo City. It is running rich and dumping a lot of fuel during start up.
Here is a brief list of the troubleshooting I have gone through:
1) Attached it to a GM diagnostic computer, All sensors are in proper range.
2) Verified the entire installation 1 wire at a time with a turbo city tech.
3) Hooked the computer straight to 12 volts via a relay to make sure the computer got proper voltage.
4) Verified fuel pressure.
5) Obtained a replacement computer from Turbo City (made no difference)
6) verified that I have the proper injectors.
7) replaced all power and ground wires to the engine, body & frame.
I have had several guys from my club go over it. They have extensive engine building experience. I also have a friend that is a mechanical engineer for Mercedes and finally I took it to 2 different shops. No one can find anything wrong. I know I am probably staring right at the problem and that it is probably real simple. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your time, mark "