Problems with Summer's camp ground - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Problems with Summer\'s camp ground

This past weekend, we had the Indiana Fab-Fest and for our Sunday trail run, we go to the Badlands ORVP in Attica, Indiana.
Well, 3 of our crew decided to go up Saturday and camp overnight so they could be at the gate early Sunday.
They pull into Summer's camp grounds around 7PM (place closes @ 9 BTW). Tell the owner they need a place to pitch a tent for the evening. He then goes outside, looks at their rigs and tells them he has no room. They say ok, and instead of trying to back up in between a bunch of RV's they decide to drive the road around the grounds.
They get back to where the primitive camping is and notice that there are only like 5 or 6 tents in the whole place.
The owner then comes flying back on his golf cart telling them to get the [email protected]#K out. He told them he didn't have any [email protected]#KING room and that if they didn't leave he was calling the cops and having their stupid A$$ES thrown in jail.
My friend said thet they were just turing around to go and this guy get's up in his face and started screaming at him again.
My friend said that he didn't see ANY 4x4's in the whole place that there were only a few quads and some bikes, but that was it.
I just thought that I'd give everyone a heads up just in case your heading to Attica anytime soon. I'd look for a different camp ground if it were me! If any of you want to know more, just PM me and I'll tell ya what I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 03:21 PM

Re: Problems with Summer\'s camp ground

hmmm...

I've been there, a couple times. Never problems. Some buddies have been there more times than me. No problems. We've been there with big dirty Jeeps too... We've driven them in. We've trailered them in (sometimes w/three on back of a semi-trailer). Never had trouble. There is a club from Chicago area that goes there often and doesn't have anything bad to say.
I have nothing bad to say.
Sorry you and your buds had a bad experience... might be worth trying it out agian. Maybe??
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 04:45 PM

If you can find out what happened let us know. We had planned on staying there before but it got too muddy for his primitive section. He was super nice and even called me with his nickle (out of state) to keep me up to date. I was still planning on staying there next year so keep us informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I dunno what's going on...I'm hoping it was just an isolated thing. They switched the official campground from summer's to steam corner this year, so the guy might be a little peeved over that, so he's taking it out on sami owners. I know some people that are going up in a few weeks, I'm going to talk to them and see if they have any problems. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode