Best lift for an 84 CJ7? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 07:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best lift for an 84 CJ7?

New to CJ's. I've got an 84 CJ7, 258, 4 speed that I want to lift about three inches. It will be a daily driver and weekend warrior. What's the best lift/tire size/gear ratio combo to go with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 07:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Best lift for an 84 CJ7?

That's all personal preference and what situations you'll be finding yourself in. Are you looking for ride quality over price fo looks over performance. Rocks, mud, snow or sand offroad situations. many things to take into account. there's no one right set-up or we'd all be running the same thing. If you have the money and want the best ride, Old Man Emu (OME) is suppose to tbe a very nice ride and great flex. if you've got limited finances but need some lift, a Superlift kit is pretty reasonble and probably the least costly. (my personal preference being broke [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Tires, I'm impressed with my Wild Country RVT mud terrrains, aggressive enough to keep up with my buddies running Swampers, cheap enough that I can still get groceries, and wear slow enough on the road that I've had them over a year as my Daily Driver and weekend warrior. Not to mention do fine at 70 on the highway. Gearing, My thought on that, If you're needing to ask then you need to wait to learn more about it. read more on this board, and in periodicals from your local newsstand to learn more on what would suit your tiresize, driving habits and terrain. I hear everybody wanting a T-18 and D300 combo for their CJ because it's suppose to be one of the best set-ups. Sure it's great with it's 6.03:1 first gear, but 6.03:1 does no good in mud where you want RPMs. My T-150 and D20 suits all my driving requirements so far but I'd have a tough time if I hauled my CJ out Moab for some crawling. I'd better take a few clutches with me [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Learn what you need yours for and set -it up for you.

Brent
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 07:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Do a search on BDS springs and go right to a 4in lift. Superlift springs are cheap but sag really bad. But like i said do a search on BDS springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 08:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

not to be too defences of my choice in springs, but I have heard stories of all springs sagging. But BDS is a very good spring from what I've heard. good bang for your buck.

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode