Posers Telling Tall Tails To The New Guys... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Posers Telling Tall Tails To The New Guys...

Is it just me, or is there a new crop of posers on here that lie to the new guys for fun?
I've seen no less than 6 posts today that the new guy asking a question has been outright lied to by someone claiming to be an expert in the field...

This is not the same as the 'This is the way it worked for me' posts that give bad or unsafe information.
These guys are outright lying about credentials and outright lying about fixes/ upgrades.

This isn't the usual inexperience talking or overenthusiasm talking....
(Or the passing of "Old Mechanics Tails"....)
This is malicious, intentional, and seems to be directed at the new guys.

Please don't let this get started here!

Call a spade a spade when you see it, and don't let these guys make this forum like the Pirate forum where it's abuse and lies 85% of the time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 03:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Posers Telling Tall Tails To The New Guys...

I've been reading this board for a few months now and decided to make my first post. Why is this my first post? Well I have had numerous questions but have found all the answers I needed using the search function. I think this is a great board but I gave noticed a few things:
1. people posting questions without trying to figure out the answers on their own or using the search function...because most of these questions have been answered before. I personally feel there are some very intelligent people here and don't want to waste their time.
2. Empty post. I wonder if post are sometimes made simply to increase ones 'standings'...poet, veteran, who cares? The number of answers given is less important than the quality of answers.
3) Inexperience advice. While I appreciate the attempt to help out I think we should leave the unsure anwers to someone who is sure. Granted, if nobody attempts to answer a question I would think that limited or unsure anwers would be appreciated as long as they are declared to be just that.

Lastly, I would like to thank all of you who have showed great patience and understanding with us 'strangers'.
THANKS!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 05:52 AM
sas87yj

i'm curious as to what you have seen or read. why don't you confront the accused so we can all see the fireworks? expose the culprits and let them have their day in court [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 06:09 AM

What sas87 said. If you know an answer is wrong, wouldn't the best thing be to point it out? You've made a blanket accusation. Now people will be wondering which posts are malicious. How can we stop this other than to call out the bad guys.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 07:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

TR which posts are your seeing. I know i dont read every post. But if that kind of crap is going on its time to put an end to it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Veteran

It must be the "empty beer kag" thread. Amazing what some people will suggest to disgrase a perfectly good keg that's ready to be filled and emptied again! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The nerve...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 08:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey man, that was my suggestion on the beer keg! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 09:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Forget it. It's just Aaron trying to stir something up again, remember the Bush IQ post from a few days ago? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

I'm normally considered a no tact bastard, and a lot of people think I'm too hard on some of the posters here anyway, so I thought I'd ask...

There is a guy (user name RRich) that was outright lying to one of the new guys about ignitions, The guy claimed to have his own dyno, and pumping the new guy full of wrong information.
So either he's lying about the dyno, or he's lying about the ignition information.

That's just the latest...
<hr>

"cjjeepercreeper",
Brad, You don't start any sh*t, there won't be any sh*t...
Follow me around on my posts just to start something, and I guarantee you will get what you came for...

Don't you have some whining to do about someone closing off private property because 'Bubba' can't keep from tearing &amp; trashing everything up?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 12:00 PM

I haven't really noticed these tall tails, but I have just taken some time away from this BBS..
I got too addicted and the withdrawl symptoms were getting too bad to stand, so I'm back now.

I do BS sometimes, but it's all in good fun. You won't see me telling people that putting a cup of sugar in their fueltank will give them a huge horsepower increase.
BUT I do stand-by the fact that a Honda sticker accross your windsheild will give you a 5 hp boost, and an R-Type sticker along with a "Turbo" decal will give an additional 15 hp.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode