Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Source for Centech (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/1213-source-centech.html)

Dean 09-28-1999 06:49 PM

Source for Centech

Does anyone know of a source for Centech wiring harnesses for CJ-7's other than 4WDH or Centech direct? I'm doing some price shopping on the Centech Deluxe kit.

Dean

Jaffer 09-28-1999 09:26 PM

Re: Source for Centech

Dean-
Why don't you call and ask Centech who their largest distributors are.
Or e-mail Jim Stafford there. He'll probably tell you.
Here is the address ...
jim stafford [[email protected]]
That's how I found about Jegs. Directly from AutoMeter.

JAF

Dean 09-29-1999 08:25 PM

Unfortunately by the time I get home from work, Centech is already closed. I took your advice and emailed Jim Stafford, and asked who their distributors were. The response I got was that I "could buy the kit from 4 Wheel Drive Hardware or any of their other dealers". IMO, it was a non answer that was of no help at all. So, I guess I'm going to go back and look at the Painless kits again since it's about $100 less than Centech's. Centech wants $449 for their harness with the Deluxe fuse box, and the custom wiring for the Autometer gauges. Other than the poor instructions, what did you think of the Painless kit and the install? Were you able to hook up all your Autometer gauges without too much fuss?

Dean

**DONOTDELETE** 10-05-1999 10:51 PM

I used the Centech kit in my Jeep about 2 years ago, and it was very "painless" it took me about 4 hours. Although 1 of those hours
was wasted trying to trouble shoot a problem because the instructions had the terminals on the starter solenoid listed incorrectly.
After fixing that I was home free. This kit has the return ground wire in the loom which was a must for my fiberglass body. The best
part about it is all of the wires are cut terminated and loomed, basically put them into place and snap them together.

I am completely satisfied with the Centech and would recommend it to anybody.

<font color=purple> Matt </font color=purple>
<font color=purple> 79 CJ-5 </font color=purple>

Dean 10-06-1999 06:56 AM

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that yours worked out o.k.. After checking out the Painless kit, I decided to go with the Centech unit since they were willing to customize it for me. I have a custom dash, Mopar MPI, and quite a few other things that aren't stock so I needed to make a bunch of changes to the harness. I had to pay a little extra, but it's worth it for me. I'd rather let them make all the changes than have to splice into a new harness. I'm hoping the harness will be here by the end of the week.

Dean