88 Sahara pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 10:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

88 Sahara pics

Here she is just days before wheels, tires and mild lift. I will post more pics as I go. REMEMBR, YOU ALL ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS SINCE I HAVE HAD NO REASON TO BE READING SHORT WHEELBASE. My wife is taking this well right now so stop with all of the great ideas for modifications and I might still be a husband next time I post!
Thanx for the inspiration, without everyone here, I would still be 2wd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 10:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 88 Sahara pics

Sorry... Here we go.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 11:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Try again with the pic.....

Might be too big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Include the wife when your doing jeep stuff then she won't mind nearly as much when you spend $$$'s on the Jeep
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 01:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My Computer is going WHACKO, and it is driving me nuts!
I will get my wife involved soon! She was the one itching to get a YJ or CJ. Thats a good thing heh! It is a 6 Cyl 5 speed manual. It has lots of torque. My wife drives a Cherokee (stock 4x) But its newer and black with leather, She is scared to scratch it or get it dirty. The YJ was her idea after reading a few posts over my shoulder. I love her!
The post that inspired her was the daughter picture post. Anyhow, I will post pictures of before and after when my home computer is repaired.

THANX TO ALL WHO POST IN THE SHORT WHEELBASE! YOU ARE ALL AN INSPIRATION!
Jeff
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 08:13 PM

The manual trannys in the '87-89 YJs are worthless for trail duty. I trashed my '89 5-speed in a year. Of that, I began to seriously beat on the vehichle (about as much as you can in stock form anyhow) only the last 6 months or so.

Basically, have a back-up tranny waiting if you decide to take the YJ offroad.
I've got the same tranny in my Comanche that is doing fine because it doesn't see off-road use. 113k miles and no complaints so far ::knock on wood::
The almost perfect thing to do is to find a 86-or-newer rusted out Grand Wagoneer that runs and drives and swap in the engine, transmission, and axles, but forget the full-time x-case. Run a J-Truck's NP-208 instead. I think this is about the most cost-effective method of building a trail-capable YJ.

Albeit, I am biased. I have a Grand-Wagoneer TF727 and J-Truck NP-208 installed in my Wrangler behind the fairly-stock 258 engine. There are Grand Wagoneer D44 axles in pieces in the back of the Jeep. There is a 70s Cherokee 401 in AZ waiting to be crated and shipped my way. When everything is ready, I'll rent some garage space and get to work on it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode