SCRAMBLER TOPS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 03:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SCRAMBLER TOPS

LONG TIME LOOKING FOR A SCRAMBLER FULL SIZE HARD TOP. I HAVE THE HALF HARD TOP AND I FEEL LIKE I'M IN A PICKUP TRUCK. i HAVE SEEN A FEW OUT THERE AND THEY LOOK GREAT! SUGGESTIONS PLEASE..THANKS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 04:29 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: SCRAMBLER TOPS

Try the Scrambler only forum at:
http://scrambler.cj-8.com/classifieds.asp

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-1999, 01:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only one I have seen available is the one made by AJ's. Personally, I think it is a piece of junk for the money you pay. It doesn't fit right and is flimsy. I would suggest something like the old ACME top(out of production) which seem to be a much better design. I have heard of other tops like the "Grizzly" or tops used on Scramblers that were exprted but they are very difficult to find.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just e-mailed Mr. Jackson reguarding the quaility of his hard tops at AJs. I have read a lot of negative things about them on the cj-8 forum. He said it was very hard to try and fit every jeep perfectly do to miles driven, trail running and possible twisting and flexing of a 18 year old body. He said they fit all their hard tops on a new steel tub for proper fitting before they are sent out to the customer. He also said they stood behind the quaility of their product 100%. Just passing this info along. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 10:31 AM

The full sized top that was for sale on the Scramble board has been sold to his brother for $625. Which figures, I am close enough to have driven up there and gotten it.....

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 04:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the info! how do i contact AJ's . crappy or not i would like to see some literature. I'm suprised 4wheel drive hardware doesn't carry much for scramblers. other than that their service is great. guess i have to keep searchin'..
thanks.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 04:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

contact AJs at [email protected]

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I visited AJ's recently & have no link to them, but I thought their tops
were ok. I can see where they would not just drop on without some adjustment.
If you watch the chasis flex, it would seem that they are not always square.
They are in central PA & it may be worth the trip. They are NOT cheap.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-03-1999, 11:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

>The full sized top that was for sale on the Scramble board has been sold to his >brother for $625. Which figures, I am
>close enough to have driven up there and gotten it.....

Actually Barry didn't sell it to me(his brother). He sold it to a guy around Raritan, NJ. I've got CJ-7's, so it would have done me no good.
He sold an Acme top and got another full top of unknown brand. No names is on it. It's not an Acme and the seller said it's not a Grizzly (he said he had seen them before), and it's not the kind i've seen pictures on the have a slight 'step' on the top, around the rollbar area.
his 'new' top is very nice though, sliding windows, interior lights in the front, in really good shape.

The Acme top is a double wall top, and has much more clearance above the rollbar, whereas his new one slightly rubs the rollbar...like the current AJ's tops. however, the rear hatch is not like the current production AJ's tops, but it may be an older AJ top?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode