What's in a name? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

What\'s in a name?

Not to start a flame war. But.............
I was talking to anouther jeep owner the other day and we got to talking about all the road closures in the area and how we could not go to our state forest without being followed by Game and Fish or the Forrestry Department. He made a comment about being flagged down by Game and Fish while having an open container in his Jeep (illegal in this state and in the forest). He then went on to tell me how he started an off road club (Off-Road Outlaws!) so he could do what he wanted to do. With attitudes and actions such as these, it is no wonder that off roaders in general have a bad reputation with the powers that be. I'm not saying he is a bad guy, but look at from the other side. If you'r job was to manage the forest and enforce the rules and you saw a couple of mud covered 4X4's, with a big Off-Road Outlaws sticker on the windshield and the driver is drinking what would you think? Or am I being too sensitive here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 12:48 AM

Re: What\'s in a name?

I think your right..

It's like the guy who filmed himself climbing a tree in his Jeep. Sure he was on his own property, and he can do what he likes, but when you film and release it the way he did, anyone can make up any story..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 02:39 AM

a couple of guys I go with drink. I don't I wait til I get to whereever and then drink that night. I just tell them if you hit me and your not drinking then we're cool cause it was an accident. If you hit me and you are I
ll be pissed cause it's an accident that could have been prevented.
Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 05:51 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] What's in a name? EVERYTHING. In this media-spin, liberal press era, there is always some reporter LOOKING for a story that will endear them to the greenies, and that moniker that your buddy told you about is JUST PERFECT for a anti-OHV, anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-driving-in-the-forest-at-all, anti-EVERYTHING photo op! Names are EVERYTHING! "Fred isn't a ho-mo-sex-u-all; he's GAY!" One name paints a picture of what Fred does every time he can get his hands on another man, and the other one gives you the impression that he's just a fun-loving, but slightly eccentric character.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]The Palestinians have successfully portrayed themselves as "victims" in the Arab-Israeli hackout, and some of the news media in this country have helped them DO that![img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] By calling themselves "Suicide Bombers" they paint the picture of someone who is so downtrodden and so oppressed that they were willing to just "end it all", when the reality is that the goal was to murder Israelis and by committing enough atrocities against Israel they could terrorize them into leaving the country.[[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It's all in the way you NAME it.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:03 AM
sas87yj

maybe that's the way to win over on the greenie nazis-
drink our whiskey out of SNAPPLE bottles and sport a "GAY PARADE" logo in our windshields and address each other as BIFF and SCOOTER [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 11:35 AM

It's hard enough to wheel sober, now you are going to add a few drinks to the mix. Come on!! Do you really need the beer while you are wheeling. It can't wait until you get the the end of the trail, to your campsite, your hotel room.

If the rules say no open booze, but you can still wheel, then follow the bloody rules. As for the name, it sounds kinda cool, but if they are going to break all the rules, then they are asking for trouble.

It's too bad a couple of rotten apples have to spoil the barrel for the rest of us.

Rob
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 06:24 PM
sas87yj

Far better to remain silent and thought a fool,
Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

take a chill [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i don't even drink any alcohol at all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
but i don't care if a guy drinks and wheels, just as long as i don't have to pick up the pieces if he gets staggering drunk. hey- i've put down more than i want to admit in my time.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:17 PM

The only time I got a ticket 'froadin was when I wasn't drinking...go figure. We got pulled runnin down the swamp infested powerline road (BLATENTLY UNMARKED) full of mudd and lookin for more. I thought elusive was going to pop his top on the ranger but fortuneately he hadn't been drinkin either so the fine was $35 instead of $3500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode