How high is your jeep? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 06:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How high is your jeep?

So how much lift do you all have and how high did it make your jeep? Just make sure to specify if its cj yj or tj. If possible I would like to know the measurement from the ground to the bottom of your frame just under the door. If some of you have stock ride heights that would be nice to know as well. I dont really need to know about body lifts but go ahead and throw that in if it applies. This is for research purposes so I need as many responses as I can get. Thanks ya'll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 06:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: How high is your jeep?

I am @ 4 3/4" of lift with a 3 1/2" BDS lift that actually gave me like 4 1/4 and I also have a Shackle lift of 1/2"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 12:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how high is your frame?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 01:33 AM

I'm running 4" of lift this week and probaly 6" next week I have 2.5" bodylift 1.5 shackle and I'm getting my springs rebuilt next week with a 2"lift in it. I'll get the other measurements tomorrow.
Chad
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 01:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

currently running a 2 inch body lift, 1.5 shackle lift, and 4 inch procomp susp. lift ..... currently installing procomp 6 inch coil conversion kit on my 92 yj
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 07:06 AM
Can't Get Enough

Which side are we supposed to measure to on the frame? Should we all do driver's side to take the Jeep lean into account?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:59 AM

NO, let's all use the pass side. that way it gives an inflated height measurement and makes it look like they are taller than they really are... J/K [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:19 AM

I was wondering about that jeep lean, why is it that it dows that??
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I never understood the lean either. But mine must be the weirdest lean I have ever seen. It leans on the passanger side! Maybe I should put on a little weight to compensate
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just as a little sidelight to this, you will note that the trend is not tall rigs anymore, due to the rock crawling craze, low COG with big tires is now "in". A super tall rig is kinda like wearing platform shoes, doesn't really get you where you need to be, and is out of date. YOu can easily fit 35" tires on a CJ with only 4" total lift and some judicious fender trimming, if you then clock the t-case and build a flat skid plate, you have a very stable vehicle with a ton of ground clearance. As an example, at the RCAA competition in Farmington last month I was noticing that many of the vehicles running tires in the 38" range were lower at the hood than my CJ with 4" of total lift and 33" tires. But boy, did they ever have the clearance underneath.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode