Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   How high is your jeep? (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/116508-how-high-your-jeep.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 04-18-2002 06:00 PM

How high is your jeep?

So how much lift do you all have and how high did it make your jeep? Just make sure to specify if its cj yj or tj. If possible I would like to know the measurement from the ground to the bottom of your frame just under the door. If some of you have stock ride heights that would be nice to know as well. I dont really need to know about body lifts but go ahead and throw that in if it applies. This is for research purposes so I need as many responses as I can get. Thanks ya'll.

**DONOTDELETE** 04-18-2002 06:02 PM

Re: How high is your jeep?

I am @ 4 3/4" of lift with a 3 1/2" BDS lift that actually gave me like 4 1/4 and I also have a Shackle lift of 1/2"

**DONOTDELETE** 04-19-2002 12:04 AM

how high is your frame?

HuskyJeep 04-19-2002 01:33 AM

I'm running 4" of lift this week and probaly 6" next week I have 2.5" bodylift 1.5 shackle and I'm getting my springs rebuilt next week with a 2"lift in it. I'll get the other measurements tomorrow.
Chad

**DONOTDELETE** 04-19-2002 01:51 AM

currently running a 2 inch body lift, 1.5 shackle lift, and 4 inch procomp susp. lift ..... currently installing procomp 6 inch coil conversion kit on my 92 yj

RickB 04-19-2002 07:06 AM

Which side are we supposed to measure to on the frame? Should we all do driver's side to take the Jeep lean into account?

Bald_One 04-19-2002 08:59 AM

NO, let's all use the pass side. that way it gives an inflated height measurement and makes it look like they are taller than they really are... J/K [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

HuskyJeep 04-19-2002 10:19 AM

I was wondering about that jeep lean, why is it that it dows that??

**DONOTDELETE** 04-19-2002 10:31 AM

I never understood the lean either. But mine must be the weirdest lean I have ever seen. It leans on the passanger side! Maybe I should put on a little weight to compensate

**DONOTDELETE** 04-19-2002 10:42 AM

Just as a little sidelight to this, you will note that the trend is not tall rigs anymore, due to the rock crawling craze, low COG with big tires is now "in". A super tall rig is kinda like wearing platform shoes, doesn't really get you where you need to be, and is out of date. YOu can easily fit 35" tires on a CJ with only 4" total lift and some judicious fender trimming, if you then clock the t-case and build a flat skid plate, you have a very stable vehicle with a ton of ground clearance. As an example, at the RCAA competition in Farmington last month I was noticing that many of the vehicles running tires in the 38" range were lower at the hood than my CJ with 4" of total lift and 33" tires. But boy, did they ever have the clearance underneath.