How high is your jeep? - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 07:17 PM

Re: How high is your jeep?

To answer the question though.
My skid plate at its lowest point is 23", my rockers at the door are 33". I have 12" clearance under my rear diff aired down to 4psi, and a tad over 13" at the front with the same air pressure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 750318-MVC-022S.JPG (42.8 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 08:09 PM

Dude I totally dig what you did with the rockers, but, what brand of peanut butter did you use to shape them??? LOL gotta give you sum a dat!!
post #23 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:01 PM

OK ... 1983 CJ-7
Spring under 5" Nationals 1
1" body lift
Currie shackles (1/2"?)
35" GoodYear MTRs w/15 PSI
Ground to frame 21.25"
Ground to rocker 27.5"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 03:01 AM

H8, is there ANYTHING stock left on that YJ?
post #25 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 04:07 AM

Nope theres not much stock left on the YJ anymore,...but it sure does perform well. The cage, body and cockpit seating (and the rear seat for that matter), are all tied together as one reinforced unit. I hope to have it done today including the rear tub rails and 2 more cage uprights at the opening of the tailgate,(running straight down to the rear body mounts).

As far as the peanut butter body work,....well I am just not very good at body work. The hard part was welding the factory sheet metal to the .250 wall tube at the rocker rail(especialy since it was already trashed).
But Im getting better, the passenger side came out way better. It will all look fine when the replaceable armored skins are riveted into place.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Veteran

Yeah, I'm the little puppy here but here goes:
Space under frame: 25"
Clearance under skid: 22"
Clearance under diff: 11"

I'm SOA on 2.5" lift springs and 36" TSLs. Gotta love'em ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #27 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

H8,
What is your wheelbase? Oh, and how did you get your tranny/x-case/ect. up above your frame. I was thinking about making some sort of transmission skirt so that I could raise my whole drive train up about 4 inches. The problem Im running into with the idea is that I would have to raise my engine as well and that would most likely lead to a body lift. Beings that my cj6 is 104" it really likes to high center itself on things and I think I could benefit a lot from having my crossmember a few inches higher.
post #28 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

From ground to lowest part of the frame about 25" last time I measured. 76 CJ-7 w/ SOA using 2" YJ springs 36" Swampers.

post #29 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2002, 02:31 AM

My wheel base is 106"
for ground clearance, and low C of G, it just comes down to perfect placement of the engine, so that the drive train can run straight back all the way to the rear out put shaft.
Ironicly when I first installed my 5.0 HO, I kept the engine high, so that I could have more ground clearance, but I ended up having to angle the drive train downward towards the rear to solve clearance and drive shaft angle problems. About 3 months ago, I decided to reposition my engie forward and downward as far as possible in the engine bay, so that i could lose my body lift, I insatlled durring the engine swap. The result was a lower of C of G, and nearly perfect drive train geometry, that allowed me to remove the 3" body lift, and also remove the 2" spacer I had at the skid plate. Talk about a win/win situation.
The rig has great ballance now, and has never felt more nimble. I am loving the performance I am getting out of it these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode