Perplexed on what to do with the YJ... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Perplexed on what to do with the YJ...

OK guys, I am having troble with a desition i want to make. I am not sure if getting FI will be cost effenct and worth it with a 4.0 head. (will my 258 with the above, still only be worth about 5?) If That is not good, should I purchase a 4.0 YJ? ( I personaly like the looks of YJ's) OR should i hold out and wait to see if this Rubicon thing ever gets put in production? This biggest problem is I love the Torque the 258 makes. What would you do and why? Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 08:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Perplexed on what to do with the YJ...

I wouldnt hold my breath to capture Yeti...er, I mean, the Wrangler Rubicon to appear at your local Jeep dealership.

-remy
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think the new Rubes are going to be hard to get your hands on for a wile. There are waiting lists everywhere. I would go with the 4.0 YJ. With the older style roll bar (unless you have kids, or pasangers back there) Those are cool looking jeeps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 01:32 AM

I would not modify a jeep unless I planned on keeping it for a long time, the cost of Modifications don't make it to the resale value. but does make the jeep more desirable and would sell quicker.

I have the 4.2L and I want to put FI on it, but I'm not going to do it unless I have a carb problem.

I try to put my jeep money into things that are going to increase my enjoyment. My 4.5 inch lift and the 33 inch BFG ( I got them used for $100) tires really increased the value of my jeep to me.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

I was thinking allong the same lines. Since i have had many carter carb problems and have done a number of tricks to it and it still is bein' a pain, i Dont know if i should dump the carb and get FI or get another carb. I have heared good things about the MC2100 set up and really like it. As of now i am planning to keep the YJ for a long time since it is fully paid off and all. With this thought keepeing the 90 makes the most since. Mainly because i LOVE the 258 torque and the old roll bar design. There is rarely passangers in the back seat, only gear, so that is not a consern to me.

spd_bgy- The big question is, "Who is to judge how much value your jeep has, your or somebody else who has not spent about a decade with it?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode