ROLL CALL!!!! whos going to uwharrie !!??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

ROLL CALL!!!! whos going to uwharrie !!???

where: Uwharrie National forest
when: april 26, 27,28
who: ?????me, my wife, infantryj, ????
why: hell its a good excuse to get the jeeps out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:35 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: ROLL CALL!!!! whos going to uwharrie !!???

From what I recall, these aren't too radical of trails right?? I'm asking because I'd like to go, but I don't have a winch. Mine's a daily driver jeep, but I'm running 35's and a locker if I need it. Is it a club run or something, just some guys getting together?? Are you leaving that Friday? or can I drop in on Saturday??? What about accomidations??

Just asking.....I'd like to test the jeep out before MONTEAGLE.....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Can't Get Enough

Chris, Pretty sure Richard and I will be atttending... I do need some directions to where you/we will be staying. How 'bout a status report on your engine project??

Drew, we can hook up for the ride if you want. We will leave late Friday. Give me a call..
Ricky...seeya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:53 PM

I'd love to go, but prolly can't swing it, since I'm planning to go to Tellico the week after.
IN2DEEP, you shouldn't any problems. I was up there last weekend with the Suzuki guys (I drove my CJ tho) and the only problem I had was the shifter falling off my D300 (the nut fell off) I didn't do any of the Hardest stuff, I stayed with the easy to moderate trails. Here's a few pictures of the trails:
<a target="_blank" href=http://www2.killearn.com/derek/Zuwharriesp02/400x300/>http://www2.killearn.com/derek/Zuwharriesp02/400x300/</a>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 08:33 PM

Yea we're going. I figure we'll be leaving around 3pm fri (I have to work so be leaving from there) 2 hell with the trails I wanna drink some beer. My last outing for this year......maybe!!! new baby coming in june :} you can make Uwharrie fun, 1.pray for rain 2. do it in 2wd 3. do it at 3am!! it'll be fun. later, rich
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 09:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

chris, and whoever else for that matter. i will be making the trek from texas to tellico the first week of june. 401yj and a few others will be joining. the dates are as follows: sunday june 2nd arrive in tellico around mid day and set up camp with the possibility of an afternoon run. then we will be hitting the trails monday tues day and if everything is still together wed. too. i know it is during the week but i chose those dates to avoid any crowds or events. if you guys want to come you are more than welcome.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 09:28 PM
Old Hand

I'm hoping to come for the day on saturday (27th). Either just me with my stockish wagoneer, or with my buddy and the 4.5" lifted XJ on Swampers.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Veteran

Ya know I'm planning on it, I may be towing the TJ up there behind the wifes NEW F-250 diesel[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]. Hopefully, my gear guy will be back to work on Monday so I can get the Detroit and the 4.56's in. UPS brought my HS9500i today, I'm just waiting on the mount to come in and that will be on. I'm going to Tallahasse on Friday to pick up my tires so I'll be riding high on 37's[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Damn, I still need to get an exhaust to put on too.

For those that want to know, elusive's group will be staying at Arrowhead Campground at the back loop(if he gets there early enough to get all the spots)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 10:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm pretty sure I will be going.. Not sure whether friday or not. I'll see you all up there I'm sure.. so is the meeting place arrowhead?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Old Hand

is there cell phone service in the area? if so we could meet up with a phonecall.. i've also got a motorola FRS radio

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode