Another Bedliner Question - Sun Fade - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 03:27 PM
Injected

Another Bedliner Question - Sun Fade

I'm going to be painting a few exterior pieces with a textured bedliner in the next few weeks(bumpers, hoodscoop, top). I wanted to check with some of you guys that have used the bedliners like Herculiner/Duplicolor/Others first to see if you have experienced any sun fade with the product. And if not what you did to prevent it.
My rig is parked outside 24/7 and I'm worried about it fading in the sun and other elements.

Thanks!
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 03:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Another Bedliner Question - Sun Fade

Nothing is invincible from the sun, but you can always do your best. I coated mine with a couple coats of clear rattle can stuff from Home Depot. It has yet to show signs of fading, although I try and keep it out of the sun. H8 did some super industrial stuff to his, surprise surprise [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 05:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

STAY AWAY FROM DUPLICOLOR at all cost, It Su(ks. Herculiner is real good but does fade, and fast. I haven't tried throwing some cheap paint on top of the Herc yet but I bet that will work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

WHAT!!!!! Herculiner fades? Damn it!!!!!! I just did my hole tub on my soft top YJ nomore then 3 weeks ago! Soit's gong to fade in one summer? What shade will it be? Will it fade evenly?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 05:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

As long as it's covered it won't fade. My CJ was done hole inside to include roll bar. After running the bikini top everything went flat black except where the top covered.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 01:12 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Yup, I have Durabak in my tub and it has started to fade where the sun hits it.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 11:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can't recall who it was but some one on the board had this problem last year and contacted the company(either herculiner or durabak) and they sent him some rejuvinator which according to the poster worked well.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 12:42 PM
Veteran

The scrambler I have for sale is painted with green bedliner, I'm not sure whose product it is. It had faded, but I sprayed armor all all over it, and it looks good again. I don't know how long it will stay that way, but it wasn't too hard to do. BTW - link to the for sale is : <a target="_blank" href=http://www.in2jeep.com/forsale.htm>http://www.in2jeep.com/forsale.htm</a>

-Mel
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 09:49 PM
Enthusiast

I painted my front bumper and steel horse tow hooks with Duplicolor bedliner in a spray can. No problems or fading after over 2 years. I tried applying Duplicolor bedliner with a roller to my gas tank skid plate. It looked pretty bad, so I took it off right away. To be fair, I think the day I applied it the outside temperature exceeded the recommendation on the can. Under better circumstances I may have had better luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode