Dana 20 Twin Stick Kit (with Group Discount) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Dana 20 Twin Stick Kit (with Group Discount)

Hi, I am a visitor from the Jeepster board. Those of you with Dana 20 T-cases might be interested in joining a group buy we have going with 4WheelerSupply. They have a Dana 20 twin stick kit with stainless steel shifters that they usually sell for $100. We have arranged a group discount, and already have enough ordered to get 10% off. If we get 10 orders by May 1st, they will give us 20% off. Check out this link , also <a target="_blank" href=http://tellico.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=offroadjeepjeepster&am p;Number=741083&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp; sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;fpart=>Jeepster Board Thread.

If you want to order online use voucher code 905201523417 to get the 10% discount. Or you can order over the phone and just mention the Jeepster Club discount. If you want yours shipped as you order it (and as they make them), the discount would stay at 10%. But if you want, he will hold your order until May 1st to see if we get 10 or more by then. If so, then your discount would be 20%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 01:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dana 20 Twin Stick Kit (with Group Discount)

Don't you have to modify the tcase to work with a twin stick? I thought you had to modify some parts or something.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 01:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You do have to do internal mods to get the front/rear independent control. Adding a twin stick alone gets you the 2wdlow feature, which most of us have already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 01:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

When you say you already have 2wdlow you are referring to you rear axle right? Here's my thing. I have a D44 in the rear w/a spool. D30 up front with a lockright.

I've noticed that its impossible to steer while in the rocks. My spotter at the time was Pontiac58 and he had to unlock my hub more often than I wanted.

I figured maybe the twin stick would be a good way to fix this cause i could just shift out of front wheel drive and stay in low. Or the opposite if needed.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 02:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only modification needed to run the twinstick setup, so you have independent control of both axles, is to drill a hole near the shift rails so the pill will fall out. Then plug the hole, set up the shifters and your all set. The pill doesnt allow you to shift one rail forward or back without the other one moving too, that way you cant accidentally shift the front into 4lo and the rear into 2hi or 4 hi, if you did that it would blow up the case.
Same thing with the twinstick, you have to have the rails in the same gear selection, or one in neutral or it will destroy the case.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 02:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

When you say pill, do you mean that little ball? I know that when I had my D300 tcase I had my tcase pulled apart and was able to get to the balls. How come you have to drill a hole for the D20? can't you open it up and remove it?

Thanks for your info.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 06:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

no, not the poppett balls. Those come out when you pull the shift rails out. In between the two shift rails there is a steel pin, about the same size as a gelcap pill, hence the pill. The pill is meant not to come out, and is longer than the diameter of the shift rail. That is why it needs to be drilled out.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 07:12 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

You would need a new shifter boot too .Wonder if thats included ?

Jeff
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 09:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, now I'm intrigued. I thought you had to rip the t-case apart to get the pill out. Where exactly does one drill this hole?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

There is supposed to be a plug on the side of case where the shifter rails go in. Mine doesnt have a plug, if yours does, you dont have to drill. This will be a single plug, not the two that house the poppet balls and springs.
Or, you can always try just shifting the two rails independently, because the pill may have worn down enough over the years that it doesnt need to be taken out at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode