Bestop Halftop? Anyone got some info? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Bestop Halftop? Anyone got some info?

I noticed in a new Quadratec catalog that Bestop is now making a product called a Halftop.
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgin0101.exe?UID=2002041523464619&amp;T1=11158%2B0 15&amp;UREQA=1&amp;UREQB=2&amp;UREQC=3&amp;UREQD=4 &amp;FNM=10&amp;x=91&amp;y=35>http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgin0101.exe?UID=2002041523464619&amp;T1=11158%2B0 15&amp;UREQA=1&amp;UREQB=2&amp;UREQC=3&amp;UREQD=4 &amp;FNM=10&amp;x=91&amp;y=35</a>
My biggest dislike of softops is the windows. They get scratched too easily. Well, this only has the side windows, and the window behind the seat, so branches and tree limbs would have limited contact with the windows, making it less difficult to see out of. What does everyone think of this top? Anyone running one? I'm just concerned how well they'd seal up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 01:11 AM
firetruck41

Re: Bestop Halftop? Anyone got some info?

Looks cool, kinda like my hard half cab on my scrambler. I wish Bestop made one for scramblers, as I don't have a soft half cab, and theirs looks like quality work. I had a guy stop by my fire station where I was parked and ask about my top, where I got it and such. I asked what kind of jeep he had, he said " a new one" I told him mine was an 82 CJ-8 and they don't make ones for the TJ's, but I told him about the Bestop one that was supposed to be coming out. I don't think he was a true jeeper 'cause he didn't seem to know what a Scrambler was or that my jeep was twenty years old!
Anyway, I'd love to see one of those new tops close up.

Ben
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 07:50 AM

They are supposedly due out in May, but everything I've seen to date would indicate that they are only for TJ's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 11:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Interesting: "Not fully Waterproof"
For that cost, I would think it would be.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 06:03 PM

I was kinda interested but for almost $500 they arn't cheep and not much more than my bikini, windjammer, duster set up. I like that set up but it's a pain and i think i'll just get a full soft top. I'd say since you already have a full soft top why not just go the bikini, duster, windjammer set up for the trail, some mud and water will get in but it would still help.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode