Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   I made it into a magazine!!!! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/116088-i-made-into-magazine.html)

bluseman2a 04-15-2002 08:20 PM

I made it into a magazine!!!!

Well, I just got some really cool news, I'm in the April/May 4 Wheel Parts Adventure magazine (page 64)!!!

OK, so it's mostly a glorified sales circular, but it still makes me giddy like a school-girl!!!

The back story is that our club hosted a ride with Rob Reaser (formerly of JP) last fall, and showed him some good old Southern Hospitality. When he was looking for a pic of a rig running an MSD, he picked mine. OK, so it's a start, but I'm hoping to get into doing some writing for someplace (web or print) in the future as a hobby too, kind of line Verne Simmons.

sloop 04-15-2002 08:33 PM

Re: I made it into a magazine!!!!

Good looking picture. I'm guessing you have a new winch or winch-cable judging from the little strappy-thing still on it

H8monday 04-15-2002 08:34 PM

Very cool, I have the rag right here in front of me.
You will still remember all of us little people now that you have made the big time,...wont you?
Congrats.
Although I had to remove my MSD from my ignition system because a malfunction was frying my TFI modules. I havent had a chance to send it back in to MSD for warranty replacement.

bluseman2a 04-15-2002 08:39 PM

The sad thing is that I haven't even seen the pic yet!!! Mine hasn't come yet, and went by the shop, they don't have them either!!!! Anybody got a scanner?

Sloop: It was new at that point, not any more :-)

H8: what are you talking about man!?!?! Heck, I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut in your world man! :-)

elusive 04-15-2002 08:49 PM

congrats!!.. i really missed out on my chance to be in a rag..
one of the leading writers for 4wd&sport ute was at the dixie run 2 years ago...
well.. me and jeepgod...being us... got the gentleman so plowed that night that he missed to AM run with us the next day and had to go home sick. funy thing was he musta still been in the bag when he left 'cause he left his nice folding chair and a couple blankets(we were nice enough to throw his blanket over his passed out body that night)....oh well..
again congrats

sas87yj 04-15-2002 09:07 PM

i've got a scanner but then i wouldn't be able to figure out how to get it small enough to get it on this BBS. so there you have it.

it's a pic from the front, with you flexin on a trail with a white stock height looking yj behind you. the caption reads "herb goezes of lawrenceville, georgia, uses an msd ignition, coil and distributor to supply spark to his 1983 cj-7's amc 258. it is the edge he feels he needs to leave the yj in the dust"

pbmcauliffe 04-16-2002 12:12 AM

Good picture, they spelled your last name wrong though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

86CJ7 04-16-2002 12:36 AM

OK, someone scan and post the photo!

BigHG 04-16-2002 01:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

bluseman2a 04-16-2002 06:45 AM

When you have a name like Geozos, you kind of get used to it being butchered, it isn't the first, and I'm sure it won't be the last. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks BigHG for scanning!!!