Anyone been to Land between the lakes ohv area ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Anyone been to Land between the lakes ohv area ?

My buddy was asking for info on land between the lakes off highway vehicle area in kentucky. He was talking about springing for gas to go check it out. Is it worth the drive?

Also I hear all the time about Daniel Boone Nat forest being a great place to ride, but when I checked out their site it limits vehicles to 50" on trails. so where are they riding??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 10:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Anyone been to Land between the lakes ohv area ?

yes, i was there 2 years ago when i went to SIU since it was only an hour and a half away.

before my jeep exploded, i didnt see any extreme rocks or mud but its a lot steep twisty trails through kentucky woods...so a lot of hills and ravines....i thought it was a lot of fun. if your driving a long way they have camping there so i recommend that,

its really a whole lot of hill climbs....one right after the other....i rember there was one ridge we climbed up...really steep, then at the top there was a ledge of rock about 13inches tall to hop over...not a huge deal but when your already going steep it adds to the fun factor.

lots of ravines, some dry creeks, im sure a few wet ones...i heard stories of a waterfall you can drive up...but i never saw that since my jeep died there (engine related not from wheeling i dont think)

any other specific questions? lemme know

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Greg. I see you too have a 97 jeep mine is prety stock ex for the 31'S In your opinion will we be able to tackle the trail at lbl in stock form?? I have heard that it is exactly like you said, hills and hollers, and have been warned not to try it in a stock jeep after allot of rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 09:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i was there in my CJ (sniffle...memories) and it was totally stock then except the 31'' tires and i did fine. all i can suggest is use low gear!!!! i had mine in 4 hi and i kinda smoked the clutch a little bit ..OOPS! so it smelled all nasty

when i went we followed a dried river bed for a little bit...but then we has to get out of it, so i had to make the CJ scale the sides of the stream, which were about 4.5 feet tall, i kinda scraped the underside on my way up but i made it, no damge done since it was mostly loose dirt.

i was ther at the same time as a jeep jamboree was going on....and they had a handful of cheerokees and grands in stock form that could make it for the most part (i laughed at them cuz i paid 15$ for the day and they spend $250)

so yea...you should be able to make it through most stuff on 31" but bring a camera!!! i forgot mine and regret it !!! post the pics tooo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode