BFG Krawler T/A? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

BFG Krawler T/A?

I was checking out jeepweb.com and came across this article.
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.com/rock/reviews/bfgkrawler/>http://www.off-road.com/rock/reviews/bfgkrawler/</a>
Anyone got any more info on this? I had no idea BFG was working on a more aggressive tire, if that's infact what it's going to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 02:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: BFG Krawler T/A?

Well Jammy a guy at Tennessee Offroad has been testing a set of these for awhile now, they have 4ply sidewalls, the largest size is 37-12.5-17, they have them in blanks so you can cut then up however you want or a production tread that doesn't really impress me. Dan seems to really like these tires he says they ride better then any other tire he has had before and he likes there performance of the trails better then his old 38" Swampers, so? I think it's a weight thing myself he only has the 258 in his jeep, so the BFG's are probably easier to turn. Who knows? I still think Goodyear has the step up on BFG by having the MTR's in the 37-12.5-15 size, I mean who wants to buy an expensive set of 17" rims!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 07:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

but look at how much the goodyear mtr's cost in just a 35x12.50. i looked at them at 4 wheel parts they said 196 each. i told them they wanted them more than me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 11:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can get the 37's for $175 at Discount Tire now. That kinda changes things a little don't it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 12:47 PM

For me $196 for 35x12.50-15 MT/Rs would be a steal! In my area, the 33x10.50-15 BFG MT/KMs would have run $198 each!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I somehow find that price hard to believe. I looked at discounttiredirect.com and they have the 33x12.50 MT/R's for $168. When I bought my BFG's, I got them for a steal at $145 a piece. And I'm sure that BFG will introduce other sizes besides that 37 on a 17" rim.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 04:51 PM

Jammy, that is a steal! Tires up here in Alaska are expensive because of shipping. I did find some 33x10.50-15 Super Swamper Radials in Anchorage for $157 each, but those are the same folks that wanted $198 each for the BFGs in that size. I checked locally (I live a 130 road miles from Anchorage) and they quoted me the same price on the BFGs. I was afraid to ask on the MT/Rs after they quoted me over $160 for 31x10.50 MT/Rs!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Man, you ain't kidding it's expensive to get tires out there!!! Just for kicks I decided to check out Discount Tire Direct. They have 35x12.50 BFG's for $172. So 4 of them would run around $650 or something. Then shipping is either another $600, or $1000 for second day. I say DaaaAAAAAMN!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Pooh-Bah

Try this place, 37"x12.50x15" MT/R's are 169.00 ea and free shipping even to Alaska (go to specials section, search by size). It's the same place Jammy looked at, but now have free shipping.
<a target="_blank" href=http://discounttiredirect.com/>http://discounttiredirect.com/</a>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

and you guys didn't believe me, fawkers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode