4Wheel Parts tire/wheel combo = stick-on weights?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

4Wheel Parts tire/wheel combo = stick-on weights??

I just received my new set of BFG MTs mounted on some chrome wheels from 4Wheel Parts.. They balanced 'em with stick on weights!!!??? Huh? The weights look like small 1" by 1" wafers with some double-sided tape on the back, and they stuck 'em on the inside of the wheel. Lots of 'em -- a couple of the wheels must have 20-25 of these suckers stuck on it.

These guys sell tires and wheels to folks who actually use their rigs. What's the deal with this crap?

Anybody else get these things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 09:48 PM

Re: 4Wheel Parts tire/wheel combo = stick-on weights??

Whats the prob with stick on weights?

If they are a good quality weight and adhesive they will be fine. A friend of mine works at a local tire shop and he tells me that most people who care ask for and the tire shop recomends stick on weights. I live where the mud is thick, and those crimp on weights on the side of the tire are always ripped off in the goo. Try them out see how they last. Maybe make a mark where the weights are placed so if they do fall of you can replace them with out paying to get them re balenced
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 4Wheel Parts tire/wheel combo = stick-on weights??

I just bought a set of 35" BFG MTs. The only way we could get them balanced was to use stick on weights. We tried the rim weights and they just wouldn't work. This was on a set of Unique Steel rims. The tape-a-weights should be fine as long as they are stuck on good. You could hit them with a rubber mallet to help seat the adhesive.

Later,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode