Need your opinions / advice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Need your opinions / advice

My friend at work owns a '97 Black TJ Sport that she is having a terrible time trying to get rid of. The reason is that it has 85k on it, and she owes alot more than its worth. The Jeep is very clean, with an auto, a/c, sound bar, soft top, and full doors. It does have the smaller tires and stock rims though. My friend tried to sell it for her, and drove it the whole summer. He said the Jeep ran beautiful, did not eat any oil, and the a/c was awesome. Here's the deal, she's about to hand it over to a dealer and take a major loss. Last year she was looking for $8,000, but I think it's worth about $7,000. Do you feel that would be a good offer if I bought it off her. I don't want her to think I'm taking advantage of the situation, but we tried to sell it at $8,000 last summer, and no one wanted it. I want to make the transaction good for both of us. Is $7,000 a decent price? The dealer will probably give her low $6k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 10:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need your opinions / advice

I feel, with the little info provided, that $7K is a fair price. Have you checked NADA or any other reference sources? I think the dealer may even give her less than the $6K. Good luck
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 10:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

According to kbb.com, Kelly Blue Book...if the TJ is in PERFECT condition, trade-in is about $7700, if its in GOOD condition, its worth about $7000. I think your offer is fair, judging ONLY by what you've written above, as I have never seen or driven the vehicle...I dont think your offer is out of line, if you want the Jeep!

-remy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Sounds like a deal to me! I'd buy it if I could swing it. '97 TJ Sport's are going for $8000-$9000 up here, but Jeep prices are relitave to geographic condition.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'm not looking to score on this deal. I don't care to much about the mileage, I take the train Mon-Fri, and would only be driving it on the weekends. Plus, I know how to swing a wrench, this would be my fourth Jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode