Kragen stupidity! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Kragen stupidity!

I recently needed a new caliper for the drivers side of my CJ. I called every place in town. No one had it. Kragen was the only place that could get me the unloaded caliper the next mourning. I thought if they can get me a caliper that I order at 6 pm, the next mourning at 8, thats not bad. Far faster then anyone else, and cheaper then everyone else.

I went to pick up the caliper in the mourning. Brought it back to the shop and put the pads in it and installed it. It was then I realized it was the wrong caliper. I returned it the next day and had them order the correct caliper. I returned to get the caliper today, the weekend slowed the process, and the idiots ordered me the same caliper for the second time. I have to wait another day for the part, and missed my only day off. I guess the jeep will have to wait untill next week.

I will avoid them in the future.
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 09:26 PM

Re: Kragen stupidity!

I'll chime in on this one...for instance....did you ask for the left side and you got the right or visa-versa?
Jeep is famous for switching sides on those calipers. There's even a note in most catalogs making
this point. It may not be there fault...just something for you to think about. If it's the wrong caliper all
together well.....

Alec
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I guess I will chime back then.....

It was a problem with the ordering the wrong side. Jeep does have problems with this, BUT the computer that they completely rely on said that if they mount on the back then switch the part numbers. They DID NOT ask me this. Then when I brought them back I told them to check the part numbers because I suspected that this would happen. They then repeated the mistake when they ordered the same part number calipe agian.

SO I cant give them any sypathy.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:41 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I used to work for CSK Auto(Checkers-Schucks-Kragen) and let me tell you they probably are one of the worst parts stores around. They usually don't have anything in stock, and many times have the wrong things listed in their computers. And on top of that, they hire complete dumb$hits. Pathetically enough, I still shop there. But really only because I know everyone and get hooked up.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:49 PM
Mud in my Veins

<font color=blue>"I used to work for CSK Auto(Checkers-Schucks-Kragen)...they hire complete dumb$hits." </font color=blue>

The Coast Guard's still hiring too![img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:58 PM

I agree...if they ordered the wrong side the first time, and there's only two choices
they have no excuse to screw that up! It's like McDonald's at those places...you
get what you pay for!

Alec
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

yeah, I guess I got what I paid for.... A one week delay on my project.

I wont be shopping their any time soon. Hopefully I wont be put in the position where they are the only place in town who has the part. Even then I will think twice about going their.

Tony
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 12:00 AM
Veteran

OK, I just got screwed by Checker. I have a brand new 258. I got a new water pump from them for it. Started up the motor for the first time and it starts overheating. I find out that they gave me a reverse rotation water pump. They gave me the correct one for free, but it cost me time to replace it and a gallon of antifreeze.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 12:02 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Make sure not to paint that water pump, they won't warranty it. They say it voids the manufactuers warranty if you slap a coat of paint over it to prevent it from rusting. I think that's some BS!! What are you suppose to do, LET IT RUST?!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

kragen shucks checkers

they seem to be famous for that type of thing around my neck of the woods. They will take the product back and give you a new one free, but what about the time involved in the install. My family used to own a 90 chevy suburban, we live on a road that often floods a few feet deep in the winter so we have to cross the water. Which is very hard on starters. We decided to replace the suburban starter with a kragen starter that has some supposedly great warranty, like 10 year? Any way we installed the starter in the summer and come time that the road started to flood agian we had replaced the starter three times!!!!! That equals a good amount of time lying under the rig switching the new ones out, finally we just said screw the warranty and bought a different brand.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode