What do you think about this set up for my jeep? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

What do you think about this set up for my jeep?

I just put a 2" spacer lift on my tj and the go bigger itis has hit. I know of some 33" tls's with some 15x8's steelies for pretty cheep. I've got a 2" spacer lift and i'm thinking a 2" body lift and then maybe putting zj coils in for a little more lift. Though if i put them in i might need steering corrections, new shocks and to drop my t-case. I was thinking about picking up a used lockright thogh i think my d35 would hate me. No matter what if get 33's i plan on picking up a set of spare d35 axle shafts. And then trying to change them in my drive way before hand so i dont' look like a dumass on the trail, maybe even getting some front axle shafs. So the set up of my jeep would be 4.0, auto, d30/35 probably open maybe a rear locker, 2" spacer lift, zj coils, 2" body lift, rocker skids, probably a gas tank and engine skid plate. And wheeling it as is. What do you think?

BarrelRoll

Edited for puncuation 4/9/02 at 1:11 central time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 10:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: What do you think about this set up for my jeep?

Sounds like a plan, although your 50 word sentences make it a little hard to understand what you're getting at I have my old d35 from my YJ. Not sure if the axles would fit your d35, but I'll sell them pretty cheap to ya. I got my front d30 too, but I don't think TJ's have that vacuum disconnect thingy like the YJ's do.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 08:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

PUNCTUATION IS YOUR FRIEND! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As far as that setup....I have a question. With all the time, money, and effort you'll be putting into coil spacers, body lifts, ZJ suspension parts, etc....why not just get a properly engineered suspension lift system? TJ systems have come down in price in recent times....

JG96...No, TJs dont have the CAD like the YJs do....they use the integrated wheel bearing hub assembly and always spin the front driveshaft--4wd only disengages by the transfer case unlocking the front axle.

-remy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

I edited my last post and tired to make it more readable. I'm thinking more suspension mods would be out of the question due to money, though here's what i was figuring with my budget zj coil lift. I already have a 2" spacer lift that i picked up for $25 w/ some what functioning shocks. So i was thinking i could pick up some zj coils for free, drop pitman arm for $70, new shocks $120, Cam bolts $10, bump stop extensions $10. That sould put me at i'm guessing about 3-4" of lift and cost about $250 after shipping. I was planning on putting some of rusty's motor mount spacers in for $15 when i do the body lift to save my ac lines and help with my rear drive shaft since i'm already getting bad vibes at about 70 mph. Anybody else have any thoughts.

BarrelRoll
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 03:58 PM

Why don't you just go with Rusty's 3" lift, and possibly the coil spacers and that will give you plenty of room for the 33s and you wouldn't have to mess with the body lift. I think Rusty's 3" lift and shocks and what not is $350 if I'm not mistaken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode