Please help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 01:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Please help

The BLM's attempting to come up sith a new reg for RS2477, as you may recall the past DOI secretary, Bruce Babbitt, prohibited BLM from even considering any RS
2477 claims not accompanied by a court directive to explicitly consider the particular claim. It appears that our attempts with the new administration to rescind that prohibition may be paying off. I urge you all to send a
letter to the folks listed in the sample letter below encouraging them to rescind the prohibition and to resolve as quickly and once and for all, all the pending RS2477 claims on DOI Managed lands. Send a letter from your club as well as individual letters from the members. Feel free to point out that SUWA and others are trying to create user conflict as a way to further their agenda, the same tactic is encouraged by the sierra club in their
activism handbook and that they shouldn't be allowed to succeed by initiating conflict. That type of strategy should make the quick and final resolution of these RS2477 assertions all the more valuable. REmember,
RS2477 is not state specific, this will apply across all BLM administered public lands.

Be sure to include your name, address and phone number. Feel free to use the following as you wish but do send something and do it soon!

thanks

tr

April 8, 2002

The Honorable J. Steven Griles, Deputy Secretary of the Interior

Mr. Jeff Holden, BLM Lands and Realty Deputy Group Manager Bureau of
Land Management

Ms. Cynthia Ellis, BLM Regulatory Affairs Group, Office of the Solicitor

Bureau of Land Management, Eastern States Office
7450 Boston Boulevard
Springfield, VA 22153
Attention: RIN 1004-AD50

RE: Proposed Rule: Regulations pertaining to Recordable Disclaimers of
Interest in Land, RIN 1004-AD50

Dear Mr. Griles, Mr. Holden and Ms. Ellis:

I am writing to comment on your proposed rule pertaining to recordable disclaimers of interest in land (RIN 1004-AD50). As I understand it, this proposed rule is intended to, according to your website, allow States and other local governmental entities to secure a right to a "highway" which is "purported to be a R.S.2477 highway reservation...." I strongly support this effort to resolve the backlog of R.S.2477 assertions and litigation bogging down your agency since the previous Interior Secretary’s prohibition on obeying the law.

Your attempt to change this regulation to make it easier to resolve these rights-of-way issues is long overdue. I hope that this rule will allow for the final resolution of many of the outstanding assertions and pending legal actions without further delay, cost and hardship to all the involved parties.

Thank you very much for your kind attention to my comments. I look forward to continuing our partnership in the management of our public lands.

Sincerely,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Please help

btt
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Official Historian

I'll be sending them out tonight. Here they are again in word. Enough people made a difference in one of the polls last week, let's all send these out too.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 739741-BLM1.doc (20.0 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Official Historian

Attached Files
File Type: doc 739742-BLM2.doc (20.0 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:12 AM
Official Historian

last one.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 739744-BLM3.doc (20.0 KB, 0 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 02:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bttt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode