Off Roading Forums banner

Intake Manifold Heater

767 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  YJ_88 
G
#1 ·
On the relay, Orange,Green, Red(battery),Red w/white. The Red w/white is going to some sort of device that is attached to the oil pressure sending unit on the engine, Does anyone know what that is and its purpose? Does this device control the intake heater?Thanks again.

#2 ·
That one should go to the electric choke. The switch is closed when there is oil pressure so the choke only gets warmed when the engine is running.

#3 ·
a source of ground that only makes the circuit when the engine has Oil pressure?

thats a guess, based on the info ( or lack of) that you posted.
maybe its helpfull

#4 ·
Thats exactly what it is an oil pressure switch, its wired to the heater realy so that it will only operate when the engine is running and the electric thermostat in the intake makes sure it only operates when the engine is cold. When I got rid of my emmision equipement and the bbd carb I also got rid of all the computer wireing in my engine. I also switched to a manual choke so while I was at it I got rid of the oil presure switch. Now if I ever forget to turn the ignition off , as soon as the engine cools down and the thermostat kicks the heater on, it will kill my battery long before any ignition damage results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.