Superlift Adventure, Badlands, IN - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 10:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Superlift Adventure, Badlands, IN

http://www.sportsintherough.com/
( Go to Events, Superlift4xAdventure in IN )
Anyone going to this? I'm so excited about the BBS Bash in May, that I think I'm gonna go to this one too, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 11:40 AM

Re: Superlift Adventure, Badlands, IN

IMHO - very expensive for what you get. Unless you just want to go to see the other's rigs and watch the hardcores, you will get as much good wheeling and hanging around if you plan your own weekend trip with friends for about 1/3 of the cost.

Badlands has fun trails... also some big mud holes as well as some rock areas to play if you are into those. The food is decent and all you can eat. They have a cool raffle of great parts. Tons-o-cool Jeeps & other rigs to drool over. Tons-o-hardcores to watch on the wild stuff.

I went two years ago when on-site camping was still allowed. We had a blast. It rocks to sleep on the hood of your Jeep, wake up with the sun, hit some trails on the way to breakfast, wheel all day - repeat. However, that was the year some guy went out at night and rolled his truck. He was unbelted and sustained a broken back. Also was a big problem with vehicles straying off Badlands Property into farmers fields. Story has it that the Badlands owner took much flack over this.
Last year, no on-site camping. This stunk... half the fun is camping on site (to me at least). Also security and 'crowd control' were much more strict - to handle the "tear it up and don't respect anything idiots"...not alltogether a bad thing. Everything else was about the same. Not as much fun mostly due to the camping thing.

I don't plan to go this year.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 11:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The bad thing is, I can't find anyone to go with me[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] All my friends just want to ride along, and the ones that have Jeeps are a bunch of sallies and are scared of scratches, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] So I am really just looking for people to wheel with, I guess. Thanks though, its something to keep in mind,(the camping part does kinda blow)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 03:49 PM

Check out this club... Great Lakes Jeep Thing http://www.gljt.org They have chapters in Chicago area and in Indiana (can't remember what city) plus other. They go to the badlands often. Some great people in that club, I've visited the Badlands a couple times with them.
Sorry to hear your friends are afraid of scratches... I don't get it.
I'll post here too, when we are all planning a trip down. We usually have about 5 or 6 Jeeps ranging from mild to almost hard-core and stay at a local campground (are 2 or 3 within 10 miles of the park). Maybe I should watch my mouth... my Jeep is still not functional. Too much other responsibility for me to play this winter [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. I may be doing mostly 'riding along' this season myself [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 09:37 PM

I also went 2 years ago and camped there. It really sucks that they don't allow that any more. The last time I went was in july, I was ridding with a bud at the zukimelt, boy do they hate jeeps(i'm sure for most it's all in fun).

"UPANOVR"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 09:45 PM

I'd say go to the bash instead but maybe that's because i'm "organizing it". $68 a person is a lot of money though if you figure it out if you were going to the bash it would be cheeper and since the price doesn't and you could have gourmet meals for the extra $48 dollars my vote is come to the bash may 3-5 here's the web page http://www.shortwheelbase.com/~dirtd...landsbash.html let me know if you are planning on comming so i can make sure we reserve enough camping spots. GLJT is a pretty good club and they are going down there on saturday.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a mini-van

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode