OT - Victorville Bound - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

OT - Victorville Bound

I am going to be moving to Victorville, CA within the month perminently. The plant manager wants me there next week, but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get my jeeps to California. If anyones interested in wheeling some weekend, I'd definetly be interested in someone showing me around.

2001 TJ, Far from Stock
83 CJ7 Laredo, Nearly Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
sas87yj

Re: OT - Victorville Bound

victorville fron kentucky? you will be in wheelin heaven. cal has some great desert open to wheelin. LOTS of others doing the same though so hope you're used to crowds. it's a fast paced state. have fun!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Can't Get Enough

just drop the CJ off here on your way through and that way you don't have to worry about it anymore, we'll take good care of it for you....

well my guess is my sister is real happy about this move huh [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]...I guess that means we won't get to see you guys as much, but on a brighter side I guess we'll have a place to stay when we decide to go to Vegas,,,,,,so I guess theres always a bright side

....congrads on your promotion, you deserve it....just make sure the money comes with it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

kerry

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com
or for pictures
http://photos.yahoo.com/cj8r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm going sooner than I thought. I am leaving this Saturday for Victorville. I still haven't accepted the job because we haven't talked $$ but from the way they spoke to me I do not think that will be an issue. My boss here in Louisville knows I am not gone for sure yet and he knows if they try to screw me I will stay and work for him. Its they same company so I'm not really leaving the company I'm just looking at the promotion. Kerry, I'll leave the CJ if I can take your Scrambler. Then the scrambler may finally get finished. hehe

2001 TJ, Far from Stock
83 CJ7 Laredo, Nearly Stock
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 08:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

He is getting a few things done
[img]9-702793-CJ-80002[/img]
http://www.bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-702793-CJ-80002.jpg (23.8 KB, 0 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 10:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

victorville, you poor sucker. i grew up there. actually apple valley, 5 miles away. not much to do out there but off roading, ride dirt bikes (jeremy mcgrath is from there, among other big supercross guys) and drink. oh yeah it's also the meth capitol of the world. seriously, it's the source for most of the methamphetamines on the streets in the country. on the good side, it's cheap (for california) to live, the air is clean (for california), and its safe (for california). personally, i got the hell out of there as soon as i was old enough and never looked back. look around before you buy a house, some places are better than others. if you want some better info or more details you can e-mail me... my family is still there so i go up on a regular basis. good luck with the move.

<font color=blue>Postals have feelings too!</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 11:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You are luckily within 1 hour of Johnson Valley (to the east--can you say Hammers?). And one hour of skiing. Not so bad, but the place is growing like crazy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode