I bought a 02 TJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

I bought a 02 TJ

After a few years away from Jeeps I finally convinced my wife to buy a jeep. We bought an 02 TJ w/X package, straight 6. So it's a daily w/ very mild trail use I wanna slap some 31 11.5s on, and some 2" coil sprig spacers. Anyone done this and still got to use their warranty? Thats my main concern, I don't want it voided.

Well it didn't look THAT deep! Hold on I'll tow you out I'll get my jeep only strap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 12:35 AM
tdog90yj

Re: I bought a 02 TJ

It is my understanding that it is the dealers problem to prove your mods caused the problem. So if you put on big tires and your radio craps out they cant deny your warranty. Conversly if you put on a Long arm kit dont think about getting your suspension warrantied. Its not their equipment any more. Make sense, and Never let those dealers push you around. They will try to tell you its not warrantied tell them to prove it. Hope I helped
enjoy the new jeep

Travis
Lots of goodies!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 08:18 AM
Old Hand

Ive have 31's on my 01 tj and have had it in for warranty work, dont know bout the coil spacers. The only problem i had was not cleaning it well enough, the service writer at the local dealer tried to blame the bad parts on dirt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Bad parts on dirt huh thats a good one espically from a company that has built a reputation on it's off road prowess. Anything you TJ owners noticed that failed during your warranty that I should look out for? Common Problems?

Thanks alot
Shawn

Well it didn't look THAT deep! Hold on I'll tow you out I'll get my jeep only strap.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Old Hand

Well, I can't really tell you about warranties. I think I voided mine a week after I got it. But I did notice that now you'll need to change your sig! Maybe you can buy a chevy/ford only strap![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

BIGJEEPTJ
A man's got to believe in something, I believe I'll have another[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 03:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a '00 TJ. I put 32" and the coil spacers on it. It didn't void out the warranty. If I put a full suspension lift on it, then it would be voided.
Problems... the only thing I have had to complain about is that when it is in neutral and the clutch is out, there is a loud rattling sound. Took it to the shop and they said that since another TJ they tested did it to, it must be normal.
Other than that, she handles great!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Is this sig better, hahaha I would to.

1987 Samurai JX
2002 Wrangler TJ
I'd sleep in my rigs all night before I'd let a Ford/Chevy Pull me out.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Exhaust Header... Everyone I know who has a 6cyl TJ, has a cracked header.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Can't Get Enough

congrads on your new purchase and good luck with only doing the slight mods, its a disease, a disease I tell you....bwahahahahah, sorry I digressed,,,,,wanna sell me your flares so I can finish my fender trimming project [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

kerryp

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com
or for pictures
http://photos.yahoo.com/cj8r
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Can't Get Enough

The tubelar headder is gone, now it uses a dual outlet cast manifold that dosn't crack or leak. There is also a tsb for a torque bushing at the tranny mount that is suppose to help stop the transfer of noise with clutch out in neutral. I dosn't stop the noise, just makes it less noticable by not transfering it to the body. I don't think the spacers will void much of the warrenty except possibly the shocks, which should also be changed for the lift.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode