440 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Bryan 
G
#1 ·
anyone driving a \'91

just wanted to know if anyone out there is into a 91 yj

thinking about purchasing one wanted another opinoin

#2 ·
Re: anyone driving a \'91

I am uninvited as I have an 87 YJ, but I say, GO FOR IT! If you can find a nice 91 with a 4.0 for about 4K, Id say you have yourself one fine vehicle.
Just make sure its white. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

...One New Car, A Few New Parts, A Lot More Scars...
94 ZJ
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys kit, XTerrains 33"S
87 YJ - 5" of lift, 33BFG"s. ARB snorkel. Borla Header.
48 CJ2A

G
#3 ·

you may not have been the target of my query but you are invited

now let's talk color One Word BROWN maybe with a yellow or orange stripe along the bottom

any leads on sucha critter let me know

#4 ·

Ive got one. The only draw back I can see is that a lot of things changed after the first year of production for the multi port 4.0, little things that know one tells you about until you get home and the part wont fit.

91 wrangler 4.0 SOA,All borla,jet chip,rancho 9000s in cab random tech, M.O.R.E. steering kit, K&N, accel coil,sloted drilled rotors,four wheel disc, add a leaf,wrangler dual bat in cab optimas,

G
#5 ·

altho the wrangler had already been produced for 3 years, the 91 is like a first year production vehicle (87 YJ, 97 TJ) It was a prototype that was 1/2 pre 91, 1/2 post 91 YJ. The floor, roll bar, engine, and several other smaller to compensate for these changes all changed in 91. Just because its a 91 doesn't mean you shouldn't get it...it is unique and doesn't mean it will have problems but its something to think about befiore you purchase a Jeep. Parts may require a little extra research ;) good luck!

Jay
95 Wrangler Rio Grande...She's gettin there - I'm all about the 4 cyls ;)
http://www.geocities.com/heavycream

#6 ·

I have a 91 with the 2.5L EFI and I love it to death/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
If I'm not mistaken it's the last year for the short CJ style roll bar too /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
A Jeep's color doesn't matter to me. They are all Beautiful to me /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Donnie

G
#7 ·

I purchased my '91 Sahara back in 1994 in Vacaville, California. A year later I moved to Guam, and in '97 moved to Hawaii, where I currently am now. In the almost 8 years that I've had it, the only part that I HAD to change was the starter, and the transmission that I paid $400 at a junkyard--with the transfer case still attached to it! It's got over 147,000 miles on it, but that engine always starts on the first try...except when the starter went out.
I've never regretted owning it, and I never plan on selling it. I've never had a problem with getting parts for it, but then again, I haven't had a reason to change anything on it. My Jeep is more reliable than some people I know.
God bless the Jeep.

Attachments

#8 ·

I have a 91 YJ with the 2.5L and I love it. I haven't run into any problems with finding parts. The parts are out there... Sometimes it is just not as easy as saying I have a 91 wrangler. I ran into some manafold fitment problems a wile back but nothing big.
I am not 100% sure, but I think that the early 91's still have the CJ roll bar. (that is what I have) and the later 91's have a roll bar that looks more like the TJ. In my opinion, the CJ roll is cooler than the TJ roll. But I don't have a back seat. If I did I would worry about passanger saftey. All and all GET THE 91 JEEP. You won't be sorry.

91 YJ 4in lift waiting in the garage till March !
"It takes a special type of person to drink a cup of coffee in a jeep"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.