NEW FOUND FLEX! :) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

NEW FOUND FLEX! :)

I finaly took off the damn sway bar links. YAHOO! Love that flex should have done it sooner. Couldn't bang off the top of the links so just tied it all out of the way. Of course now I am pulling the brake hose to the limit. What brake hose can I get that is longer? This is for an 89yj

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Old Hand

Re: NEW FOUND FLEX! :)

Pro Comp and Superlift make some that are stainless steel braided hose that are DOT legal in lengths up to 6" longer than stock. Rubicon Express make some that are several times longer than stock. Expect to spend around $100 for a set (2 for the front and one for the rear). It is a good upgrade - the stainless will not bulge under heavy braking like the rubber and will improve the pedal feel.

Hank
88 YJ (sort of)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 06:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey,
I removed the rear trac bar and front sway bars but left the front trac bar on. My Jeep flexes much better now and still drives very well. The onyl brake cable I had a problem with was my rear pass side ebrake cable, it was caught behind the exhaust hanger when the dealership I bought my Jeep from put the exhaust on it before i bought it. Anyway, we managed to get it around the exahaust hanger and now my cables are all long enough (excpet now I'm in the process of lifting her so I don't know if they still will be) if any of your cables are too short, try repositioning the attachments to give you more room for flex. The other (and better but mroe expensive) option is to buy longer brake cables. If you plan on lifting your Jeep you're prolly gonna need longer cables anyway so now might be a good time to get that upgrade behind you.

Jay
95 Wrangler Rio Grande...She's gettin there - I'm all about the 4 cyls
http://www.geocities.com/heavycream
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Old Hand

I've got a set of SS lines for a 4" lift that I am looking to sell. Front axle, both sides.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Goodridge also makes a very nice set of extended brake lines. And they're quite a bit cheaper than the others. I think around $45 for the two front ones. It depends on what size lift you're installing as to which brake line you'll want to go with. If you're just doing a 4" or so, the Goodridge ones should be fine. But I did an SOA and found them a bit short.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode