Tired of the same questions being asked? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Tired of the same questions being asked?

Well if we can get it filled up and if anyone will use it this may help a little. AB set up a <font color=red>FAQ</font color=red> section on SWB.com. We need you to help add the questions and answers that are asked over and over on here. It is way easier to search than the BBS and since they deleted most of it.......it doesn't exsist anymore. All you have to do is go to the section that your question is in and "ask it". Then you will go to the next page where you will give the answer. It's real easy to do. For instance.....I just put up what oil in a t-5. How many time has this been on here??? Tons. But still not everyone is going to know this. I think if we get it built up enough then maybe it may become "mandatory newbie reading".[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] So if you can think of some of these questions. (you know what I'm talking about) Please add them while there fresh on your mind.
Heres the link.
http://www.shortwheelbase.com/faq/serve/cache/1.html

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 12:48 PM
sas87yj

Re: Tired of the same questions being asked?

for a good lesson in humility- send the newbies over to the POR board
i've had my fun over there and don't EVEN consider myself a NEWBIE

i could go along with a good razz on some lame questions but some on the POR are just plain a$$holes, and i'd like to kick some of them

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Thats the point Steve. We would rather them stay, learn and then contribute than run them all off. I like the POR board myself........but it's not for the thin skinned or weak at heart. Nobody rides newbies around here. But as far as that goes......I bet I'm still a "newbie" on POR.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 02:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Only one problem, there will still never be a definitive answer on K&Ns! We could argue about that one until forever was yesterday.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor

and
http://home.off-road.com/~rockgarden
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 03:00 PM

I don't disagree with you ,it would be a good reference for anyone looking for info.Possibly better than the search feature,that matches peoples sigs. as opposed to actual info. on some subjects.And for those who like me don't pay attention to stuff unless it pertains to something I want or don't want to do to the jeep.
My only question would be,then what do we talk about without someone getting upset ? LOL

Ray
Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
why does everyone ask if I am gonna paint it ?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 03:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dirt Dog, I would be interested as to where you got the address for the FAQ listing, http://www.shortwheelbase.com/faq/serve/cache/1.html
If you goto the FAQ shortcut at the top of the Short Wheelbase forum page you wind up getting information on the Forum use itself. Which, is as it should be. So, for people to use the web page address you gave, it should be called something else other than FAQ. Maybe Quick Answers to Jeep Questions and list it in the JUMP section of the page.
Just my thoughts to save trouble in the future and turn folk off the web site.

Ralph...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

I just used it for a straight link to show you what I was talking about. The "front door" to the site is http://www.shortwheelbase.com.
And BTW.... LOL @ Brad.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[email protected]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 04:50 PM

I just noticed that for the first time. I haven't been around for a long time, but I haven't run into that before.
There's a few reasons when we keep getting the same quetsions.
1) The search utility is almost useless, since if I put "AX-15" into it, which I have done plenty of times, or "AX-15 rebuild" you get a load of responces, half of which aren't really what you are looking for. So it's a lot easier for people to just post it, and to dig for hours.
2) Like I said before, maybe it's just me missing it, but I've never really since that link before, and , from just looking at it now, i might not be alone, there isn't a whole lot on it. If added more to it, and made it a little easier to find, that might help. Maybe it's just me missing it, :-), is it? if I'm nuts it won't be a first, dont feel shy to say it :-)

as a side note, what is the POR bbs? never been there before, from what I'm hearing I would probably be a fly in the ointment at that place.

88'/4.2L/30's/
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 07:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Veitcha, I'm with you on this one. That's the first time I've seen the WWW.SHORTWHEELBASE.COM address. When you log onto http://bbs.off-road.com address, you are directed to the Short Wheelbase web page which takes you to the Forum pages which, I then Bookmark. So, where is this SHORTWHEELBASE.COM published?
I also agree with you on the Search facility. When posters include their Jeep specs on the forum pages, a Search on say Weber would bring up any post with the word Weber in it. Most times the post has nothing to do with what you're searching for.
Ralph...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

But... What kind of oil goes into a T-5???

And while your at it... what tires will fit on my 1963 CJ5?

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member
1946 CJ2A stock and loving it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode