Rubicon Edition TJ Info - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Rubicon Edition TJ Info

I was at a local Jeep dealership tonight picking up a part for my YJ. I was standing around bored while the parts guy was in the back, so I asked a salesman if he knew anything about the RE TJ. He said he did. We BS'd a bit about it, and then I asked about the price. He said it is going to be about 3k more than the Sport package. That's a shock to me!! I asked why 3k more than the Sport, and not the Sahara package. He said it was because it's not going to have the luxury/spiffy things like the Sahara package. He said a Sport TJ with soft and hard tops would go for around 23k. So that'd be aroudn 26k for the RE TJ. Not too bad of a price. What do you guys think? Think he's full of you know what?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 05:43 AM
sas87yj

Re: Rubicon Edition TJ Info

when have you known a salesman to be knowledgeable or straight forward and up-front? their job is talk'n and BS'n. remember "talk is cheap" and "money talks, bull$hit walks"? doesn't hurt to ask though.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 06:28 AM
Little_W

I think he's pretty close. I've got the '03 RE (like your code) TJ flier from Jeep (go to their website and ask for it). Like everyone else I'm impressed with the hardware they've assembled, but most of it is off the rack stuff. For all they say, and I know, it may come with highback MB seats and no radio (which is fine). I do note the locking rear axle is also a limited-slip unit. Can't say I've seen one of those before.

PEACE !! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
w
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 10:32 AM

I'm going to buy, beg, borrow (or steal [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]) one just to take it apart!

So many cats, so few recipes...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:33 AM

I really don't need another vehicle, but that thing's gonna be really tempting! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Maybe next year is the time for my first brand new vehicle.

-Derek Schwab
'97 Sidekick Sport
'83 CJ-7
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:46 AM

I don't suppose anyone wants to send me a Rubicon flyer? or scan one online. They won't send them to anyone in Canada.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Can't Get Enough

I asked a saleman up at the big Jeep dealer in Rapid City, SD two weeks ago what one would cost and they were thinking in the 30's. If it goes for $26k I'll be in line for one!

My girlfriend said if I spent one more dime on my Jeep she would leave. Man I'm going to miss her!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 05:18 PM

There was a bit of info on the Rubicon at Car-truck.com. According to Jeep the price would be between 24-28k depending on how it is optioned.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 05:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If its under 30K, I hate to say this, but I think everyone will be VERY disappointed in what finally came from the factory. I fully expect to see a watered down version of what we've been expecting/wanting to see.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor

and
http://home.off-road.com/~rockgarden
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Little_W

WOW — TR, Steal? Now that's a word I never thought I'd see in one of YOUR posts[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I doubt it's something you're good at either.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The RE Jeep flier does get a little carried away with its bold; <font color=red>Extreme Rock Crawler, Right Out of the Box.</font color=red> headline
For those who have not seen the RE, it doesn't look like H8 is marketing his "type 9" calROCS machine thru Jeep, with “Aggressive (¿) 31-inch (?)” tires.

Infrenozx: Your Lazy American remark was pretty low.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] But if you put your address on my PM I'll send you a copy of the RETJ flier as part of the United State's " Support Our Northern Provinces" good neighbor policy.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PEACE !! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
w
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode