What would you do.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 07:46 PM
ArkyCrawler

What would you do....

I thought I had it all planned out. I saved my money, I looked and looked and then found a cab&chassie 14bolt with the gears that i want, got disk brakes and just need a locker. Searched and bought hubs and rotors from a 3/4 GMC frontend to change my bolt pattern up front to match the 14. Now I need new beadlocks that are 8lug and of course some new tires, new driveshafts new springs for the SOA and all the little things to get that completed.
My plan was to wait until next year before I planned to change to fuel injection, I just don't have the money to do it all at once and was hope to have all upgrades completed in a couple of years, I'm pretty happy with the way things are going and I think I'm going about it slowly with the right frame of mine.
Then "IT" happen, last night my brother came by, he's looking for a new motor for his '69 ss camaro and mentions that he found a 2000 ss impala(?) with 5000 miles that's gettin parted out and the TPI 350/700r is $1200. I couldn't
sleep last night, I can't get that damn motor out of my head! "IT"s what I was going to save for, just not this year. I guess I just need someone, besides my wife, to tell my that I should stick with the plan, slow down , don't do something thats stupid....again!

But I know that alot of you would get the engine!
Man, I need to rent a movie or get a bottle of scotch or something to get this thing out of my HEAD!

Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.

Steve

83 CJ-7 ALL TORN UP!!!!! GO BIG OR DON'T GO AT ALL!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 07:52 PM

Re: What would you do....

Well that sounds great but one small problem. I'm pretty sure they never made the SS (V8) past 98. They are all 3800 V6's now. I could be wrong though. It's still a dilemma though. Thats a pretty good price for any FI 350 with 5000 miles on it.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 07:53 PM

Id say if you think you can find a deal that good or a better one in the future then dont get it. But if not then get it. Peace
ANdrew

Im good at being a Lil8itch, so im sticking to it!
C/O BBS Chat Room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

THE PLAN?? Just make out a new plan that has to do with getting the motor first ! That is one of the great things about Jeeps. Unperdictable. Go for it, get the motor. Do with your money what you think will be the most fun. A new motor would be great fun. Cause if your not haveing fun donig what you are doing, then you should really think about doing somthing else !

91 YJ 4in lift waiting in the garage till March !
"It takes a special type of person to drink a cup of coffee in a jeep"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 09:03 PM
ArkyCrawler

Olin, ya said it "fun", the last few days has not been fun. I'm just going by what my brother told me, I not seen the motor yet I was afraid that if I was near it I would just have to buy it, crap like that has happen to me in the past, sometimes it just follows me home!

$1200, man thats hard to pass up, well I've got a new bottle that needs to be open and I'm headin for the deck!
This will work itself out tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Steve

83 CJ-7 ALL TORN UP!!!!! GO BIG OR DON'T GO AT ALL!!!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 01:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Olin's right get the motor now, just adjust the plan that you have made.You'll kick your self in the butt if you don't grab a good deal when you can.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 03:21 PM

Hmmm.. Its not a 350 if its a 2000. Impalas have the 3.4ltr 6-cyl. Like said above. In fact, I beleive GM has dropped thier 350 in anything newer than a few years ago. Everything is now the "Vortech 4800" or "Vortech 2800" A 4800 would be a 4.8ltr, and a 2800 is a 2.8ltr..

...One New Car, A Few New Parts, A Lot More Scars...
94 ZJ
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys kit, XTerrains 33"S
87 YJ - 5" of lift, 33BFG"s. ARB snorkel. Borla Header.
48 CJ2A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode