Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

OT/ Not a race fan

OK Correct me if I am wrong....BUT
forgetaboutit,I just don't get it ,

Ray
Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it
why does everyone ask if I am gonna paint it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT/ Not a race fan

Man you are going to get hashed on this one. First off the guy is dead and has been dead for almost a year tomorrow. Give him the respect he deserves whether or not you like Nascar or not. Anyone will tell you even if they liked him or despised him he was one of sports most notable figures all the way up there with the likes of Michael Jordan, etc. Even though Nascar has reached its what I like to call "crap phase" Earnhardt was still one of the best race car drivers to ever live. To be honest, I did not like him as a driver, but as a person he did some great things for people and the sport. I just think you kinda need to chill out on something that happened over a year ago and let a man rest.

Steve

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:41 PM

I was not an earnhart fan, but I still didn't want to see him die!!...He did not swerve in front of anybody, he got bumped and you can't correct the car at 180 miles an hour!!...the wreck wasn't his fault, unless you want to consider he might have been holding back a little so his son or Waltrip could get the glory of winning the race!!...even then, he didn't deserve to die!!...The other driver involved was Ken schrader, and he wasn't hurt... he was interviewed right after the wreck. Dale was the icon of NASCAR...everybody wants to be able to do what he did... seven championships...that is no small task!!...he will never be replaced, not even by Jeff Gordon, I don't care how many championships Gordon wins, he is not the same caliber as Dale was!!...sorry for rambling...just my thoughts

86 CJ7 258, weber carb, rusty but trusty!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Maybe i havent read enough posts yet but this sounds like a trash Dale post. Dont even go there. Nascar suffered threw 4 deaths in about a years time. Enough said.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 09:34 AM

I'm not even gonna touch this one.
I hope you don't know anyone related to me that died you didn't like. (shaking my head)

[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:06 PM

Few people actually deserve to die, and Dale Earndhardt was not one of them.
He was “killed” doing what he chose to do as a career. I understand some of you guys having a passion for the sport and the sense of loss you may have but Dale Earndhardt, like many others that have been killed in Nascar and other dangerous sports, chose their profession and it just happens to be a potentially deadly one.
He knew the risks.
Get over it and move on!!

My .02

Trailhed.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode