I'm back... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I\'m back...

Hey all! As you can see, I'm back. Unfortunetly, I'm back a little bit early. I got discharged from the Army for medical problems. Really, it's my own fault. They had a briefing while at reception and told us if there was anything that we hadn't revealed earlier, to do it now and we wouldn't get nailed for fraudulant enlisted meant. I was quite nervous about not telling them some stuff and having it come back later, so I told them about my past meds and what not. Needless to say, they didn't like it too much And now here I am, back home. I spent a whole month sitting at reception. Never even made it to basic. Oh well I guess. I feel very stupid for not telling them at MEPS and for wasting their time. But it's nice to be back and not be stuck at reception cleaning the barracks day in and day out. Thanks for everyone's support. I guess it's back to Jeeping and working for this sack of crap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 05:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I\'m back...

ya, they do that in the marines too.. I wish I'd have had something to get up for. I'd be at home right now.

JR

The road is calling, Ignore it!!
There is life after asphalt.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 09:06 PM

Now how the *$%# are you going to come for a visit from the other side of the country?
Fine time to come out of the closet Jammy.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:01 AM

Hey, i guess it's good to hear your back. Now that your back you have to come to the swb bbs bad lands bash may 3-5 in attica indiana. Make it a road trip, visit some friends, some guys from the board go jeepin all over the place, you gota come now that you arn't in the army any more and won't have anything better to do with your time.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a mini-van

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 07:24 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Well, that's too bad, I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you. At least you have it a shot, and being honest was the correct thing to do. When I was in basic there was a former Marine going through boot with us. Well, one day they came and got him, MP's handcuffed him and everything, seems he had a prior record of something (fighting, drugs, something bad) and had been discharged from the Marines, but not dishonorably. Well, he neglected to put it on his application and they found out well into the training. Too bad too, because he was a nice guy.

I'd look back on this as a positive experience. Even though you didn't get in, you saw a need to change your lifestyle and you went for it. Then, in the thick of things, you decided to tell the truth and be up front about everything, which is honorable. It was their choice to have you leave, not your own, so as far as I'm concerned it's their loss.

Don't go back to the same old grind. Find something new, and start your life over the way you want it to be, this is the perfect time to do it. I applaud you for trying and being honest, you're top notch in my book, the world needs more people like that.

Glad you're back on the BBS!

JEEPN
Waldoboro, Maine (yes, we're BACK!)
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Slamurai, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 08:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Jammy i cant say anything more then jeepn said. Glad to see your back. And get your butt out to the bash man.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 01:46 PM
utahjeepr

I understand why you did it, I was very tempted to get up (regarding my torn up knee) when they gave us that little speech in USMC basic. Being honest would have kept me out, as your medical history did for you. At the time I truly believed my knee would never be a serious issue, and despite some minor problems (pain, stiffness, etc) was not an issue during my enlistment. Obviously you were not as comfortable keeping your prior medical history a secret or you would not have spoken up. I commend you for being honest when you knew it would get you bounced from a program you presumably wanted to be in.

Looking back, I probably should not have gone into the USMC with my knee in the condition it was in. Although it never let me down, those 8 years put a LOT of wear and tear on it. My knee probably would have "lasted" the rest of my life in the condition it was in prior to the USMC. My time in the infantry has left me with a knee that, instead of being "servicable" for the rest of my life, is going to require some more surgury and will never return to the 80-90% that I had before. BTW I am not whining about what the USMC "did to my knee". I made a choice (ME , I did it, no one did it TO ME) that was in retrospect not the wisest choice, given the chance to go back I would probably still enlist (I'm just not sure I would go 0311).

September 11, 2001- We will not forget! We will not forgive!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 06:40 AM
Little_W

Glad you're back!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Being honest with the guy in the mirror is THE most important quality a man can have in life.
It is NOT a fault !!!

Now that you've discovered the answered to your military service idea it's time to put that behind you.
It was a very valuable lesson, you learned alot about you and your honesty . You'll never be a good criminal.
On to the next adventure. Time to start a new career!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
What do you want to do for the rest of your life?

PEACE !! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
w
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode