YJ SOA setup - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YJ SOA setup

I ve searched the board but could not find the info I was looking for. I am looking at going soa with my stock 30 and 35 axles. I am basicly looking for a better ride then my procomp 4 inch lift now provides. I use my jeep as a daily driver and mostly mudholes and water in my neck of the woods for off roading, no hard core rock bashing. Anyway for those of you that have gone soa with the stock setup did you have any problems with the steering or handling, How did you handle the steering linkage. any info would be greatly appreciated... I am already set up with a SYE , CV drivesaft, and extended brake lines. Will be running 33 inch tires. Also anyone in the mid to south Jersey area have any experiece welding spring perches that would like to give a fellow jeeper a hand....

Once again thanks for all Help Past, Present and I'm sure Future..

Dirtybird
89 YJ 4.2, 4.0 HO Head with MPI, AX15, Procomp 4" Lift, MSD6a, and just gerttin started......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Another SOA question

A good friend of mine is doing a spring over on his stock cj5. He is going to have to buy front and rear driveshafts (actually narrowing some from the wrecking yard). His stearing is also going to be an issue I think. Not to mention the driveshaft angles. The cv is deffinetly a plus.

<font color=green>ColeJ6</font color=green>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2002, 05:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: YJ SOA setup

Cant beleive nobody has a spring over on stock yj axles anyway bact to top.

Dirtybird
89 YJ 4.2, 4.0 HO Head with MPI, AX15, Procomp 4" Lift, MSD6a, and just gerttin started......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 09:51 AM
Veteran

No one has SOA with stock axles because it is not worth it. If you look good enough then a set of 44's from a wagoneer cost from 0-400 dollars. The main reason for a spring over is to get more lift to clear tires. Stock axles wont hold up to big tires.

Jeeps are Built not Bought!
Chrome don't get ya Home!
Go Big OR Go Home!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:17 PM
Addict

In the new quadratec catalog that i got today, there are some bolt on spring over mounts for stock axles. I think. I haven't totally memorized it yet. Give me a week.

Where do you ride in south/ central jersey?

Matt

Give me DUCT TAPE or give me death.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:48 PM

I saw those too, and someone did a post on them a while back. I think they are like $400 or $500 bucks for them, that a LOT more then if you were to buy Spring Perches(Mountainoffroad.com) for $30 each, and pay some one $50 to weld them on, or do it yourself if you can.

But, I agree with the above statement, dont do all that stuff unless you dont plan on running over 33 inch tire on the STREET. A Dana35 is barely acceptable for offroad, Im lucky I havent broken mine yet, it mine we're locked it would be toast by now [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

...One New Car, A Few New Parts, A Lot More Scars...
94 ZJ
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys kit, XTerrains 33"S
87 YJ - 5" of lift, 33BFG"s. ARB snorkel. Borla Header.
48 CJ2A
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks I saw those also. Ihave wheeled mostly in the pine barrons and warrenton park.

Dirtybird
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 01:54 PM

Ive got an SOA with stock axles. I tossed in a couple of add a leaves full length on the front and used a heavy duty 5 or 6 pack in the rear. I also HAVE A reverse shackle on the front, and opened the clips for a smoother ride. I installed the M.O.R.E. steering correction kit and it worked out great. with rancho 9000's set on "1" it is a really sweet ride.

91 wrangler 4.0 SOA,All borla,jet chip,rancho 9000s in cab random tech, M.O.R.E. steering kit, K&N, accel coil,sloted drilled rotors,four wheel disc, add a leaf,wrangler dual bat in cab optimas,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode