OT Too much nascar thingy up above - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT Too much nascar thingy up above

Yes the new speed channel does have more Nascar in it. Which i like, but if you think some of the old shows are gone you are wrong. Right now i am watching legends of motorsports. I would have been pissed if they got rid of most of the old shows. I enjoy watching the road rallies, irl races, the 24 hour races, and on an on. But i am glad there is more nascar on it now. Around here there is no where else to get the kind of info they are putting out.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 11:15 AM

Re: OT Too much nascar thingy up above

I can understand with the sentiment above, but does it have to be in a full page ad at the top? Every friggin' post I read I have to scroll down a screen and a half to get to the text (1024X768 resolution).

Make it a post, not something we have to read on every page!!!

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 02:04 PM

Ditto!
Too much too often!

Besides, like I care if Speed vision doesn't show desert turtle racing or goofs rolling rocks down a mountain side?
Watching desert racing is like watching golf on a foggy day, all you can see is the dust trails anyway, and if I want that kind of excitement, I'll set the milk out on the table and watch it spoil...
(big yawn, ... Yeah, I'm all for your petition... whatever... *snore*)

So many cats, so few recipes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 02:35 PM

To each his own, but NASCAR is nothing more than a bunch of mullets chasing each other around a track. You want to make it interesting? Give each car a James Bond trick - oil slicks, machine guns, huge chested flashers. I'll watch!

I'm boycotting sigs. If ya wanna see what I have, check my profile.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hey alllockedup. I dare you to say that at the shop i work at. First off you would probably be sat down and explained how racing works. People like you that have that attitude dont have a clue about racing. There alot more into it then just hitting the starter button and putting the pedal to the floor. Other then that you would be hooked by the end of the day. Once you know what to look for and understand what to look for in a race it can get very intersting.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 08:57 PM

To quote the great James Duvall "Rubbin' is racin'. Racin is rubbin'..."

Hey it all sounds good to me, I just don't need a 3/4 screen banner on my favorite site (in addition to all the flashing ads) to tell me about it.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:16 PM

-Hey, I like nascar.

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:20 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Well I know we will get flamed together on this one AllLockedUp but I pretty much think Nascar sucks too . WAY over rated for what it is . I have started to watch the odd race now and then and its just round and round and round .I guess to each his own . I`ll take old John Force and his 5000 HP Funny Car and the stench of Nitro Methane in the air after a 300 MPH 4.9 second run .Gotta tell ya , if you`ve never experienced the feeling of 2 Top Fuel or Fuel Funny Cars going side by side down the track your missing something . When they take off it`s so overwhelming that it feels like all your organs inside you rattle so intensly you cant even breath . WooHoo , now Thats racin boyz . [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=black>Jeff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font color=black>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Watching NASCAR is like watching paint dry. I don't care what you all thing.

85 CJ7,Chevy LT-1,700R4,NP208,4 1/2 lift,33's
77 Blazer,350 Cowl Induction,TH350,NP203 8", 33's

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2002, 10:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with bluesman. If you going to have a link to something taking up almost a full screen, have it about something that might make a difference. Like the Land Use Issues, that used to be there. I know there is still a link to them but list the topics. If you want to take the time to do a petition, have it about something that makes a difference. OR they could put up the "Off-Road.com personals" again, that was stupid. As far as liking Nascar, the engineering of the car is cool and so are the wrecks, but that's about it.

Click for info: "1st Annual Anniversary Trail Ride Weekend" in Gulf Breeze, Florida!
http://www.extremetrails.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode