OT - TR and CJ7TAZ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT - TR and CJ7TAZ

You guys are Hilarious! I really enjoy scanning the posts both of you write for some nugget of humor. It is really funny how neither of you cannot get through most posts without pissing on the others leg, at least a little. Sometimes when you really get going it is a full hose down. Some people may take it a little too seriously but I have been around intelligent, knowledgeable people most of my career and this kind of rivalry happens very frequently, as long as it doesn’t come to blows, it can be entertaining and informative, as well as a continual challenge to the participants. This board is what it is, a technical and social forum. I know I read it for the information as much as the humor and humanity. I think that is what brings in, and keeps the membership so high.

As long as you try not to spray innocent bystanders, fine have fun.

Scott
'85 CJ7 T.H.O.R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 02:21 PM

Re: TR nd CJ7TAZ

Coming to blows is where I usually get my way...
You can't 'Tune up' somebody on the internet, so you get these kinds of things dragging on.
If we were face to face, I'd have already poked him in the eye, and paid my bail and be home by now knowing I'd never have to put up with that crap again.
<hr>
Now, to take an Off Topic post in a different off topic direction before the thread turns into another sh*t fight...

I'm not a liberal, I believe a good beating will do a lot of good.
I'm all for fight clubs to settle personal conflicts. (Get in the ring or shut up, Put up or shut up...)
Settle those territorial disputes before they engulf the entire work place (or in this case, the BBS).
Five minutes in the ring two weeks ago would have stopped all this crap once and for all, no matter which way it turned out...
----------------

Lets hear it for caining vandals (bet that little brat in Singapore don't want to touch a spray can again!).
Publicly horsewhipping the Enron crew, publicly elected officials that cheat, steal or lie,
and the public hanging of child molesters, kidnappers, rapist, arsonists and 1st degree or multiple murders.

Want to see hijackings drop to literally nothing?
Allow every cop, every ATF license holder (gun dealers, legal machine gun owners, gun manufactures), every concealed carry permit holder be allowed to carry on the jets, and the hijackings will stop over night!
These people have already been certified by ATF and FBI plus their local and state police to carry concealed weapons, why not let them carry on planes?
There were two off duty cops on one plane in the WTC crash, and one off duty cop on the plane that crashed in PA.
If they would have been allowed to carry on board, that's two planes that would have more than likely made it...

So many cats, so few recipes...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 02:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

humor is what gets a person through life!

91 YJ 4in lift waiting in the garage till March !
"It takes a special type of person to drink a cup of coffee in a jeep"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Official Curmudgeon

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Coming to blows is where I usually get my way... You can't 'Tune up' somebody on the internet, so you get these kinds of things dragging on. If we were face to face, I'd have already poked him in the eye, and paid my bail and be home by now knowing I'd never have to put up with that crap again.

<hr></blockquote>

Not once you saw my size you wouldn't.

I was in a bar that I frequent some time ago when a couple of guys tried to start some trouble just as I went into the men's room. When I came out they were in a confrontation with the doorman and three other customers. I just stood behind the guy with the biggest mouth who was arguing with Kyle, the doorman. I intended to grab him by his long hair and pull him back if he swung on Kyle.

Well when his buddy saw me standing there in a short sleeve shirt with my arms crossed, he kept tapping the guy on the shoulder and pointing at me. The guy eventually turned to look my way since his buddy was so persistent, and even though he SAID that he wasn't afraid of me, it all calmed down real fast.

I've replaced so many parts that my old Jeep has become my new Jeep.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 02:50 PM

I Agree with everything That TR said. Especially the weapons segment of the post. Now, to take that off topic post to even further off the off topic, Olin, why is your Lift waiting till March? Why not put it on now?

...One New Car, A Few New Parts, A Lot More Scars...
94 ZJ
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys kit, XTerrains 33"S
87 YJ - 5" of lift, 33BFG"s. ARB snorkel. Borla Header.
48 CJ2A
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 03:20 PM

Violence really doesn't solve anything.
I know a few people who could kick the ass out of about anyone out there.
Just because they can kick someone's ass doesn't make them right.
In some situations it is necessary(such as bombing afghanistan) but I don't really feel it is in every day life.

Also I think it would only be suitable for highly trained government agents to carry firearms on planes.
You don't want a cop or gun dealer to get drunk and do something stupid.
And you don't want people to know..hey this guy has a gun.
Let's gang up on him..sacrifice one or two of us and take the officers gun.

I do agree with harsh crimes to pedophiles and such though..

78 CJ7
Spring over 33's
4.3L V6, TH350
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

LOL! I thought I gave you a boxing ring TR [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Both of you have at it, but don't just wash the post down with urine and testosterone! Talking of stories, intentions and personal procedure is fine entertainment, but it is bluster to a forum.

I agree with Joey, but violence is not an option on the forum. All you both have to duke it out is your intellect and keen wit (No 'fight with unarmed person' cracks now..) to which you are both well matched.

Scott
'85 CJ7 T.H.O.R.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 04:02 PM

I don't know about evenly matched..
TR seems to be the king of sarcasm and put downs, and taz seems to be on the defense the whole time.

78 CJ7
Spring over 33's
4.3L V6, TH350
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 04:28 PM

Let me see,
Jim Corn has a Kempo law enforcement training school in west St. Louis...
7th degree master instructor, Missouri State Trooper (retired), US Marine hand to hand instructor, Navy CRT/SeAL instructor, third ranked in the world at one time,
He's a good man. I've known him since I was about 9 or 10 years old...
(He was there at my last defeat in amateur matches, I was about 12 or 13 at the time and it crushed me. He was very understanding about it, showed me where I went wrong, and tutored me for quite a while)
He's rough as a cob, and twice as fast as a mongoose, and he puts on a GREAT show!
He has a knock out called 'Squrrel Trax' that has to be seen to be believed!

I think George Dillman, Greg Dillon, Jim Corn, Myself, Sasha Mitchell, Mike "Monkey Man" Dunkel, Bill Burch, Bob "Pit Bull" Golden and Bill 'Super Foot' Wallace it says here on the flyer...
will be there for a Tournament/ Exhibition/ Pressure point knock out class/ sign autographs, and sell our video tapes and books.
(I am going over on Thursday evening to get some St. Louis Bar-B-Que and check out the bars for some cuties!)

May 17, 18, & 19.
(I'll only be there for the seminars on the 18th... My doctor won't allow more than one event a month)
Feel free to attend!
The knock out classes are $15 in advance, $25 at the door. I'll be an instructor at those.
Same with the Grappling, handcuff, and restraint classes.
No martial arts school affiliation required.
Wear a uniform or sweats, and EVERYONE gets knocked out at least once...
(just so you know it's real and no one is faking this...)

The tournament will be an invitation thing only and is at the 'Civic Center'... (IE you have to know someone in one of the participating schools that are footing the bill, and give THEM the registration fee... We have nothing to do with the tournament.)

If you are interested in the Dillman Karate International (DKI for short) you can do a search on George Dillman, or try here... http://www.dillman.com
<hr>
Anybody wants to go chow up some bar-b-que in mid may in St. Louis, this is a great opportunity to meet face to face!

So many cats, so few recipes...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 06:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It has been my experience that people who resort to violence, do so because they can not handle a situation otherwise. I personally don't like violence even though I deal with it on a regular basis.

One side note...As we all know, LA is the pursuit capital of the world. It didn't used to be that way. In the old days, if you ran, when you got caught, you got spanked. Hence, people didn't run unless they didn't have anything to loose. Now, we damn near have to ask them if it's ok if we put the handcuffs on. And did you also know that California has apx. 75,000 sworn Peace officers...and apx. 135,000 BAR certified lawyers. So who ya gonna call?

John...
84CJ7, 3"lift, 32"BFG, 4.10's, R/ARB, F/Detroit, Onboard Air....89 Cherokee - New Project

They say we learn by our mistakes.....I guess thats why we are all so smart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode