Where's the LEVEr? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Where\'s the LEVEr?

Did I miss something? What happened to LEVE? I know he was talking about moving, but he hasn't popped up in a while, anybody know if he's OK? Should we round up the posse and go check snow drifts for him?

Talk to us buddy, this long silence is most un-leve-like! We're running low on cool low-buck mods man!

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 01:25 AM

Re: Where\'s the LEVEr?

I don't know.
I do know he was supposed to move sometime soon (I'm holding parts for the new address...).
Maybe he'll be back on pretty soon.
The average IQ is going down, and we could sure use him, CJ Dave, Jay Anger and a few of the others to start posting again to raise the average up a little...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

AND WHERE IS THE MOON GUY PIT CREW?!?!?
Last I heard, they were working as greeters at Wal-Mart for beer money!
What's the world coming to !?!

So many cats, so few recipes...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 05:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yes,........I miss seeing LEVE's posts too! As you may know, LEVE took "early retirement" as the company downsized, and he is considering a move to Washington State. There is a slight possibility that LEVE is scoping out a new location in the Pacific Northwest right now and is away from the keyboard. LEVE is formerly a resident of Washington State, and before that it was Alaska......or was it the Yukon?......ONE of them anyway, so cold weather is sort of "normal" to LEVE. DRAT! Here we move almost 2000 miles east so we can at long last socialze with LEVE and LEVE has to move WEST 2000 miles.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] There ain't no justice[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]!

CJDave
A moonguy-operated Jeep Skunkworks in the "Heartland" building the Ultimate SNOJEEP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 06:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dave, it may have just been those rowdy moonguys you hang with that forced his move [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img].

Alaska...the last time that I was there was when I was in the military. We were doing winter training in a place called Port Barrows. There was a "weather" station there. It is funny, all the "weather" satallite dishes were pointing towards Russia (I guess we were wondering what the weather was like over there). And the temperature was 65 degrees, um...below zero.

I wonder if LEVE was the guy I saw driving the Jeep there?

I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
'85 Cj7,360,TH400,D300,Pro-jection,D44's,M/T's 35's,8274
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 06:41 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] "Apesweat" on THULE.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Do you remember THAT Cold War phrase?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
A moonguy-operated Jeep Skunkworks in the "Heartland" building the Ultimate SNOJEEP.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 09:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do not remember that one Dave [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I remember Thule Air Force Base in Greenland! What a party palace that was[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]! What was the "Apesweat"?

I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
'85 Cj7,360,TH400,D300,Pro-jection,D44's,M/T's 35's,8274
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 07:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I think it referred to the stint that they pulled in the outlying bunkers; it might have had something to do with the boredom thing. There was a write up in LIFE magazine about it in the late fifties or the very early sixties.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Way Outta Control

Hey! I'm alive and well. I'm sittin' at my Brother in Law's house looking out on Lake Roosevelt. He's got a great view of places like this:

I'm relocating to Spokane and looking for housing, jobs, schools, etc. It won't be too long before I'm back on.. but it will be longer than I like... And the Jeep's sittin' back in River Falls WI waiting to be towed behind the Rental Truck. That happens the first week of June... all this prime Jeepin' weather I'm missing....

Ain't life grand!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Well, I'm sure I speak for many, when I say we're glad you and the family are doing well in such a beautiful place.

Hope things work out, and travel safe. If you get a chance to chime in from time to time, let us know how things are going.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's Soooooo good to have you postin' again! Hope things are going good on the house swapping.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Let me know if there is any way I can help out.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode