TJ Suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 01:48 AM
Calcio

TJ Suspension

Can anyone recommend a lift kit for a 2000 Wrangler? I have been looking at the stage 1 kits that are in the $500-$600 range. What is the best for the money? I have been looking at the Rubicon Express 3.5 setup (I like that one because it is upgradable). But if there is a better setup, please let me know. Any recommendations would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 11:54 AM

Re: TJ Suspension

Hey, welcome to this board. People on this board run pro craps, rubicon express, tera flex, skyjacker and superlift amungst others. The 4" super lift kit is pretty "complete" w/ shocks, springs, drop pitman arm, t-case lowering kit, sway bars (they arn't discos but you can make discos for $2 from the hard ware store that work better than the $70 ones), and some other minor stuff for about $500. The general concencius is stay away from pro comp and people like all the other kits about equally. Remeber that you will probably need new gears and depending on the tires you want to run your rear axle may become a little weak (if it's the d35) and you wheel hard. Give us some more info like is this a street jeep or does it get wheeled a lot and what type of wheeling, what size tires you want to run, things like that.

BarrelRoll

97 TJ

Wheel it or drive a mini-van

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have installed a couple of full traction lifts.. they give very good bang for the buck and they are easy to install.. just a thought..

~~Elusive~~
everything good in life is round, breasts, halos, and headlights
http://www.jeepgod.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 03:10 PM

I would have to say not to go with the Superlift kit. It is very upgradeable, but thats exactly what you'll do with every piece you get. They don't come with control arms if thats something you want so add those in there. The ride isn't all that great, not sure whether its the springs or shocks.
Choosin a kit for a TJ is complicated, you more or less have to piece one together with whats best.
I haven't seen or heard anything about the full-traction kit so that maybe a good one.

Describe to us what kinda wheelin your plannin on doing so that way we can suggest something more to your needs.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 11:46 PM
Calcio

Hey thanks for the input guys. Here are some updates about the rig. I am pretty new to the world of offroad, but what to get more involved. It has 3.73 gears with the dana 44 rear axle, and I want to run 33s. Right now it is stock height running 30s. I am still going to use this as a commuter, but what some offroad capabilities. I am looking to do light to moderate offroad. Any recommendations?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 12:12 PM

If your wanting to run 33s I'd suggest Rusty's kit. Its very much upgradeable, it has 3" springs, so if your wanting to go bigger then something else is in store as far as that goes. Very nice price and from what folks have said he makes good stuff and customer service is great. I just ordered some adjustable lower control arms from him last week. Will be here within the next two days HTH

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 12:50 PM

Go Rustys.
I love Rustys products.. I have only have one problem with them. Shipping! It usually take 2 or 3 more days then the scheduled UPS delivery time. I dont know why, but it does. At least here in Cali it is.. the packages get stuck somewhere in La Granda Vista, wherever that is...

...One New Car, A Few New Parts, A Lot More Scars...
94 ZJ
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys kit, XTerrains 33"S
87 YJ - 5" of lift, 33BFG"s. ARB snorkel. Borla Header.
48 CJ2A
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 10:31 PM
Calcio

Hey thanks for the input guys. Here are some updates about the rig. I am pretty new to the world of offroad, but what to get more involved. It has 3.73 gears with the dana 44 rear axle, and I want to run 33s. Right now it is stock height running 30s. I am still going to use this as a commuter, but what some offroad capabilities. I am looking to do light to moderate offroad. Any recommendations?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 12:19 AM
Calcio

Lets see if i can get this right this time...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 12:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have installed numerous TJ lifts and I like the Skyjacker lits that come with lower control arms. You could get the single or double flex arms, but the regular ones work well for an all around vehicle. These are very complete kits and have a good street ride as well as perform well off-road. You might want to think about trussing your axles. I have seen bent rear Dana 44s on TJ's.

Click for info: "1st Annual Anniversary Trail Ride Weekend" in Gulf Breeze, Florida!
http://www.extremetrails.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode