Off Roading Forums banner

square headlights???

3K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  Little_W 
G
#1 ·
i dont understand why most of you guys dont like the square headlights on jeeps. its still a jeep no matter what!!! so why dont you like them???

new kid

#2 ·
Wow John, did you open up a real can of worms! Put on you're boots, the manuer's gonna fly now!

Me, I like the classic look of the round headlights... however...

I would also like to have the YJ buckets in my CJ for ease of changing bulbs, and to use some of them fancy newer bulbs that output the bluer or whiter light.

In most cases I think the round vrs. square lights is just like Ford vrs. Chev arugments... it opinion and opinion is mostly hot air backed up by very little knowledge.

Hey guys... Keep it Clean, LittleJeeprDued's only 12 years old!

#5 ·
A couple of months ago,I successfully argued the fact that the square lights were better, and we were finaly able to put the whole thing to rest.
With the controvoursy now over, it is mearly a well known fact that the square light YJs, are superior in all ways, over their Bug Eyed cousins. We,(the square light proponents) did have to conceed, however that round was better for breasts.

Jeff
89 YJ
(sensibly altered for occasional off road use)
Vision without Action, is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare.

#9 ·
Good god here we go again...some are gonna say round is better...titties, TJ light etc...others say square...$100 bills and YJ lights...If it's Jeep and it's offroad then it's all kicka$$ and all good!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Mobdawg
89 YJ - "Clifford!"

G
#16 ·
Round has its advantages, but I like square, just look at hate, his jeep is just one of the model citizens of the square community. its hip to be square!!!

JR

The road is calling, Ignore it!!
There is life after asphalt.

G
#17 ·
H8, I'll have to say, that is a SWEET Jeep...Well duh, its got SQUARE headlights!
Tim

'88 YJ, 4.2L w/Weber 32/36, Procomp 4" w/33 BFG M/T's, TFI upgrade, Stock auto tranny and everything else.

G
#19 ·
Yah, you know why H8's Jeep can rock crawl? Well the answer is very obvious...It's the square lights.
Tim

'88 YJ, 4.2L w/Weber 32/36, Procomp 4" w/33 BFG M/T's, TFI upgrade, Stock auto tranny and everything else.

#23 ·
Derek,
The Bug Eye clan, have all been assimilated, resistance is futile.

Jeff
89 YJ
(sensibly altered for occasional off road use)
Vision without Action, is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare.

G
#24 ·
Well, John pulled some of the big dogs out tonight with the age old argument, round verses square, you gotta love it!

Since he is four years away from driving, I'm guessing the square head lights will be his choice(since that's what I drive!). The Willys is a long way from being complete, but he may opt to side with those "round things" by the time he is old enough!/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

But for now "square" is definately better!

Edder

'90 YJ, '79 Cherokee, '63 Willys Wagon/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

#26 ·
Square or round, who cares, as long as it has COIL springs!!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

"It's a Jeep thing... and I DO understand"
Duct tape, WD-40, and a BFH, what else do you need?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.