Consumer alert : Pacesetter Exhaust kit for CJ5 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Consumer alert : Pacesetter Exhaust kit for CJ5

I bought the Pacesetter CJ5 complete in frame kit (Headers, Glasspacks, pipes and hardware) from 4WD Inc. Well, I've got the engine in place and the headers have two problems. On the passenger side, the header dumps right in front of the transfer case!! There is no possible way to install this unless you have 2WD CJ5. On the drivers side, the steering shaft is pressed hard against the header. I called 4WD Inc. tech support and the tech instantly passes me over to customer service who gives me an RMA number... (humm that's a little odd) So I take the number and ask to be transfered back to tech support. The tech guy then tells me that Pacesetter hasn't been bending the headers correctly and they don't fit. (nice job guys)

I'm not sure if this was just a bad batch or if this is a re-occuring problem.

Buyer Beware.

Jay C.

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 10:33 AM

Re: Consumer alert : Pacesetter Exhaust kit for CJ5

You're not the only one. I bought a pacesetter header for my yj. the first one they sent me had a warped flange. I sent it back, got a replacement(after much hassle, i.e. "Didnt you test it before installation, you might have warped it") the second one they sent me was ok, so I installed it and after about 1 week, I found out the pumpkin would hit the header at about half flex. the header was positioned so it routed RIGHT under the oil pan. It also hit my driveshaft at half flex. The paint peeled in about 3 weeks, and now it is completely rusted. I took it off after the 3 weeks, and installed a stainless steel Borla. I am MUCH MUCH happier now. not only does it fit, but it is great sounding. If I we're you I would return that pacesetter as soon as possible, before they give you flak about it being out of warrenty. I am still working on my pacesetter getting refunded, and this is 7 months later. The guys at quadratec told me they might drop Pacesetter from thier list of suppliers because of the poor customer service pacesetter gives.

=-Ben
94 ZJ - Work Commuter.
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys on the way!
87 YJ - 5' of lift, Xterrains 33's. ARB Snorkel.
48 CJ2A - Lawn Sculpture.
Square-Eyed Jeeps Unite!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 11:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Consumer alert : Pacesetter Exhaust kit for CJ5

I agree completely. I bought their hedder for my old 89 XJ to replace the badly cracked stock manifold. It was all I could afford at the time. I should have saved up a little more. It rusted so fast it made my head spin. Plus the EGR tube didn't line up even close. It was a bad design pure and simple. I think I could have(and should have) made a better hedder out of beer cans and bailing wire. So IMO tell anyone you know thats looking for headers to stay away from pace setter.

"Every form of refuge has it's price."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode